Issues with parking sensors

Have the same problem on my 2015 silverado, it always seems to be when it's cold out. It has been -35 oC here lately. took it in three times. They couldn't replicate the issue. Finally I used my phone and sent them a video of it. They ordered me sensors. I get it back tomorrow I will let you guys know if it's fixed or if I have the same problem. I

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Right from moment one when I picked up my truck the front center sensors always show that I am right up against something or will shutdown the park assist. 2014 Denali 6.2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As have mine!! 2015 1500 ltz z71

• 10 months later...

My 2016 front right sensor goes off all the time when thwre nothing in from of the truck. I took it in already and they said they can duplicate it.

I took a few videos to share with them. It's almost like they are pointed too low and that react to the road.

I've had my 2016 Silverado for a week now and today's snow has made my front proximity sensor go haywire. Did anyone have any luck when taking their vehicle into the dealer? If snow and ice cause this system to malfunction then it is not a robust design.

Dealer can't fix the weather, and no they won't work when covered.

"These detection distances may be

shorter during warmer or humid
weather. Blocked sensors will not
detect objects and can also cause
false detections. Keep the sensors
clean of mud, dirt, snow, ice, and
slush; and clean sensors after a car
wash in freezing temperatures."

• 5 years later...

i haven't seen an actual fix mentioned. my issue is a little different. my rear sensors just stopped working, no messages at all.  camera comes on when put in reverse but no warning sound. also the light on the switch never lights though when i cycle it it does say i've turned it off.