Hey guys, I'm a brand new member here from Edmonton, Alberta. Hi! Anyways, I have an '05 Avalanche with 2"-2.5" (not sure exactly) torsion key lift on the front and either a 1"-1.5" spacer on coil spring in the rear. I have Rancho RS5000 (5250 I believe for Avalanche) shocks on all 4 corners. I think I am having a problem with my shocks possibly freezing up? I have a heated garage that I can turn heat off or on. I can drive my truck to work after sitting overnight with heat on in garage, and my shocks are fine. After an hour or so it seems they are freezing up in anything past -10*C or so. The ride turns horrible and I can hear a sort of bang noise when I hit bumps and feels like my tires are taking the shock. I have jumped on my bumpers after noticing this and the suspension won't even budge, only the tires will flex. After afew hours in the heated garage it seems to be ok. Could the shocks be worn out after 2 years and roughly 40-50,000 KM's? Should they be freezing up or possibly low on oil? Keep in mind our winters range from -5*C to around -50*C like we are now. If the shocks are done I am looking into the Rancho RS7000MT, are they any good? Thanks for any information guys, appreciated!!! Kyle

Archived