Truck not running proper test to pass Inspection. New York.

So. I've been chasing this rabbit for about 2 months now. My truck was not running two test to pass the truck for inspection. The test that the truck is not running is the catalytic converter test and the evap test for the gas tank. The other test have run and all pass. Two weeks ago I finally replaced the ecu as it was determined to be the last thing as to why the test aren't running. I drove it for 150 miles and it's still not passing with the new ecu. Does anyone has any input that could help me? I am currently driving my truck around with no inspection just wondering when I will get pulled over. No engine light, no codes, this makes no sense. Even the dealer was stumped. Please help. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The truck will not run evap or {gas tank} test if the fuel gauge is at 1/4 or lower and 3/4 and above. Evap is the hardest to set most times. Converter teat should pass if you let it set over night and drive it the next day. The temps outside can't be to cold or it will not run. Good luck!!!

The truck will not run evap or {gas tank} test if the fuel gauge is at 1/4 or lower and 3/4 and above. Evap is the hardest to set most times. Converter teat should pass if you let it set over night and drive it the next day. The temps outside can't be to cold or it will not run. Good luck!!!

Well it's winter here and it's going to be highs of 30 and lower for the next four months. Are you telling me that it won't run the test until spring? That doesn't sound right.

Archived