2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

Ok so this is my first truck, and it def needs to louder!!! I want people to hear me coming!

My question is what is best to accomplish this? My friend said there is no need to do a full system, said something about putting on 2 flow masters and pipes either out the back or off the sides. Also said something about 1 pipe out of the cat to 2 pipes?

Sorry for my ignorance in this subject!

Thanks

• Like 3

You got a couple options. You van go with some headers to duals. A nice sounding exhaust for very little money is just to remove the stock muffler and just weld in a pipe to fit, not gonna be as loud as headers but still nice. Replace the muffler with a flow master 40 series maybe. But if your talking super loud go with headers with high flow cats. I'm not a huge exhaust guy but those are some options.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think a simple muffler change would be nice. IMO double tips out the rear looks a little work truck red neckish.

Heard good things about replacing the stock muffler with a borla X1R muffler. Haven't heard it in person though.

Oops I quoted myself lol

Edited by brentadams646

I'm still on the fence as what to do with mine. I currently have a Muffler delete, but it's not that loud, I left the V4 flap and resonator but still ain't that loud.

Some say there are three Catalytic converters, I'm almost thinking the last Cat is actually another resonator as there is no 02 sensor (pictured below).

I'm leaning toward a Corsa cat back, but I would like to remove all the resonators.

Mike

cat_zpsed7e16c7.jpg

Edited by mzodarg

I'm still on the fence as what to do with mine. I currently have a Muffler delete, but it's not that loud, I left the V4 flap and resonator but still ain't that loud.

Some say there are three Catalytic converters, I'm almost thinking the last Cat is actually another resonator as there is no 02 sensor (pictured below).

I'm leaning toward a Corsa cat back, but I would like to remove all the resonators.

Mike

Im with Mike I'm doing the Corsa db when it comes out

• Like 1

My dealer told me that replacing anything before the catalytic converter is going to cause warranty issues if anything goes wrong around the motor. Has anyone had any past experiences with GM on this matter?

As of a couple of years ago GM no longer makes the vehicles 49 state emissions certified, they are now 50 state certified (for California). The last cat in that picture is a cat, it is a unmonitored cat so it can be cut out of the system and wont affect the running of the truck at all since it is not monitored. When GM added them to the 2009 G8 cars the pup cat caused a 5hp change in the rating, so I would assume prob close to that on the truck as well.

If my muffler shows up today at the shop I am going in after work today to have mine done. Currently am going with a Magnaflow 5x11x22 3.5" in/out - center/offset muffler for mine. It is the only muffler that Magnaflow offers that is 3.5" in/out which is what the 6.2 trucks are using now.

I will let you all know how it sounds once I get it done, if it doesn't add enough sound in I may have the shop cut out the last resonator and go from there.

I just had a Magnaflow 5x11x22 put on mine today. It is deeper at idle and a little deeper at speed, but not as much as I wanted. If it doesn't change over the coming weeks we are going to cut the after muffler resonator off and go from there.