2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

28 minutes ago, SkiDooNick700 said:

Just listened to your new vid plus the older ones where you had it positioned behind the wheel, as well as the before and after the Corsa tip.

So, you got rid of the resonator and third cat and only have the muffler.  You say no drone, or minimal drone while cruising on the highway around 70-80mph eh?  This exhaust sounds really good, sounds sick at idle, especially when you put it in D lol these trucks have a good lope to em!!

What kind of sound difference did you notice between the single exit and twin exit tip?

I'm getting tired of driving around stock and was really hoping to do a Corsa, but I'm now a new home owner and reality is I can easily justify $300 on an exhaust, not $1100 at this time.  I don't want to drive stock for another 2 years or so. I think what I'd do is buy this muffler, take it to a shop and have them remove the factory system and then just fab up a quick cat back out the one side.

Edit: just listened to your highway pull vid.... man I miss that sound!!!!

When I did the third cat delete the truck seemed to have a deeper tone to it for sure. Now when I went from the single exit to the duel exit it seemed it have a different tone as well. I'm very happy with my exhaust for sure. Love the Corsa sound but like you said hard to justify the cost. The Black Widow mufflers definitely have a good muscle car sound to them.

I'm sure this has been answered already in this thread so I apologize for asking but I'm looking at pickup up a set of pre-cat shorty headers for my 2015 SLT All Terrain w/ 5.3 and it seems that the two I'm interested in specifically state that they're for vehicles "without EGR", I'd imagine our trucks have EGR so does that mean these headers won't work? 

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/61A2280A0A0.aspx#customerReviewsTab

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/61A1879A0A0.aspx

If not these what are my options?

I will be bundling this with an Airaid Jr. Intake (already installed) and a Diablosport Intune i3 with the goal of hopefully picking up some meaningful low end - mid range grunt. I'm tired of my truck kicking down 1-2 gears on the highway when towing my open deck trailer and car at the slightest of inclines. 

Thanks for the help. 

3 hours ago, 94boosted said:

I'm sure this has been answered already in this thread so I apologize for asking but I'm looking at pickup up a set of pre-cat shorty headers for my 2015 SLT All Terrain w/ 5.3 and it seems that the two I'm interested in specifically state that they're for vehicles "without EGR", I'd imagine our trucks have EGR so does that mean these headers won't work? 

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts-mufflers/61A2280A0A0.aspx#customerReviewsTab

I will be bundling this with an Airaid Jr. Intake (already installed) and a Diablosport Intune i3 with the goal of hopefully picking up some meaningful low end - mid range grunt. I'm tired of my truck kicking down 1-2 gears on the highway when towing my open deck trailer and car at the slightest of inclines. 

Thanks for the help. 

The newer trucks do not come with EGR unless they are diesel equipped. My 2015 Silverado with the 5.3L doesn't have it and I'd imagine yours does not either. 

41 minutes ago, Mh167002 said:

The newer trucks do not come with EGR unless they are diesel equipped. My 2015 Silverado with the 5.3L doesn't have it and I'd imagine yours does not either. 

That's great to hear, thank you. 

On 3/30/2018 at 10:27 PM, Gorske said:

When I did the third cat delete the truck seemed to have a deeper tone to it for sure. Now when I went from the single exit to the duel exit it seemed it have a different tone as well. I'm very happy with my exhaust for sure. Love the Corsa sound but like you said hard to justify the cost. The Black Widow mufflers definitely have a good muscle car sound to them.

So you have no other mods which would impact the sound right? I've listened to a few other videos and no one elses truck seems to sound like yours.  Either they are using junk cameras or I  think it may even be because they are just running a 3 inch pipe with no tip.

Also, with your idle vids, are those operating temp idles or is it idling around 750rpm or whatever when it's still choking a little to warm the engine?  Been watching your vids over and over daily LOL.

1 hour ago, SkiDooNick700 said:

So you have no other mods which would impact the sound right? I've listened to a few other videos and no one elses truck seems to sound like yours.  Either they are using junk cameras or I  think it may even be because they are just running a 3 inch pipe with no tip.

Also, with your idle vids, are those operating temp idles or is it idling around 750rpm or whatever when it's still choking a little to warm the engine?  Been watching your vids over and over daily LOL.

No other mods. Stock manifolds, 2 cats, stock y-pipe, third cat delete, 3" pipe from the flex pipe flange to the muffler, and 3" pipe to the exhaust tip. Only other thing I can think of that might change the engine/exhaust sound would be that I am running e85 or the cam timing changes that were made to my tune. The idle video was from a cold start. Glad you like the sound lol. Also all my videos have been recorded with a Samsung Galaxy S8+ phone.

Edited by Gorske
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Gorske said:

No other mods. Stock manifolds, 2 cats, stock y-pipe, third cat delete, 3" pipe from the flex pipe flange to the muffler, and 3" pipe to the exhaust tip. Only other thing I can think of that might change the engine/exhaust sound would be that I am running e85 or the cam timing changes that were made to my tune. The idle video was from a cold start. Glad you like the sound lol. Also all my videos have been recorded with a Samsung Galaxy S8+ phone.

Did you do the offset muffler or the centered one?

On 4/2/2018 at 12:35 PM, 94boosted said:

Thanks for the help. 

If you are looking for real power gains, shorties are not your answer.  You need to go with long tubes.

I'm not worried about the liquid, as it's just a bi-product of cold air/pipe - hot exhaust.  My concern is around there being an exhaust leak at the clamps and the liquid dripping from them a sign that there indeed is an exhaust leak.  Water leaking out of the tailpipe is a normal occurrence, but not sure if it should be leaking from the clamps/joints.       

Get under it with soapy water and spray it when it's cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Joshjuniorr said:

Get under it with soapy water and spray it when it's cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for chiming in - I will give that a try!

• Like 1

A week with my Corsa, and I have discovered the best thing... Firstly, I switched off V4 mode because it was really obvious every time it kicked on (almost like an extra gear shift in there). Most importantly, driving in town in manual mode allows you to downshift whilst slowing down, which makes an AMAZING burble noise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, Skidsareforkids said:

A week with my Corsa, and I have discovered the best thing... Firstly, I switched off V4 mode because it was really obvious every time it kicked on (almost like an extra gear shift in there). Most importantly, driving in town in manual mode allows you to downshift whilst slowing down, which makes an AMAZING burble noise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jealous!!  What about manual upshifting to hold them gears out a little bit? :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2018 at 11:52 AM, Lgetz said:

A louder Magnaflow muffler would be the 14151 which is a 3.5" in/out with a 14 inch body.   It is a "race" muffler so it would be loud.  The shop could have used a 3" muffler with a 14 or 18 inch body which would be louder than a 12909.  The 12909 has a 22 inch body with a 3.5" inlet/outlet, is offset/center and fully reversible.  Fits great provided the shop takes their time measuring and cutting off original muffler and flapper valve.   My guess is your truck does not have the 12909 because at cruising speed it is very quiet.

Just got around to measuring my muffler, they installed the wrong one. The body is about 15 1/2". So looks like I'm going back to have the correct muffler put in. Not too happy.