2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

Corsa dB cat-back vs Borla S-Type?

What sound do you like? Low deep rumble or raspy growl? If you want corsa you have to get their catbacks as they do not sell mufflers. If you want borla you can save a ton and just get an XR1 that would be as loud or louder than the S-type with similar sound.

I personally prefer Corsa but went with borla because corsa is simply too loud to accommodate headers for a daily driver IMO. That and for 250$ i switched out the muffler and added a tip and have the sound i want. I'm actually trying to have a balance. Not terribly loud when cruising or daily driving but screams when you stomp on it.

Waiting to see how this ProXS breaks in and then probably going to take the resonator off and add headers.

All in all if you're not going to add headers, i'd probably go Corsa db if you're willing to spend the money. I really love Corsa's sound.

Edited by 5RWill

What sound do you like? Low deep rumble or raspy growl? If you want corsa you have to get their catbacks as they do not sell mufflers. If you want borla you can save a ton and just get an XR1 that would be as loud or louder than the S-type with similar sound.

I personally prefer Corsa but went with borla because corsa is simply too loud to accommodate headers. That and for 250$ i switched out the muffler and added a tip and have the sound i want. I'm actually trying to have a balance. Not terribly loud when cruising or daily driving but screams when you stomp on it.

Waiting to see how this ProXS breaks in and then probably going to take the resonator off and add headers.

All in all if you're not going to add headers, i'd probably go Corsa db if you're willing to spend the money. I really love Corsa's sound.

Thanks for the input! I wont be installing headers and i did not realize that the Corsa dB does not come with a muffler.

Also, why the XR-1 over the S-Type? I thought about the ATAK but that just seems to aggressive.

Thanks for the input! I wont be installing headers and i did not realize that the Corsa dB does not come with a muffler.

Also, why the XR-1 over the S-Type? I thought about the ATAK but that just seems to aggressive.

DB+ does come with a muffler. I was simply saying you can't buy Corsa's mufflers separately. You either buy their exhaust systems or don't.

I say XR1 over the S-type simply because it's so much cheaper. Like 700-800$ cheaper. I think XR1 is potentially louder than the S-type. To my understanding the XR1 is loud.

DB+ does come with a muffler. I was simply saying you can't buy Corsa's mufflers separately. You either buy their exhaust systems or don't.

I say XR1 over the S-type simply because it's so much cheaper. Like 700-800$ cheaper. I think XR1 is potentially louder than the S-type. To my understanding the XR1 is loud.

Oh now i understand what you are saying haha.

3 years ago we were driving home from the dealership with a brand new truck and my wife said "Go to the exhaust shop and put a louder muffler on this thing ! It sounds like a Prius !!!". :crackup:

I followed her advice. :thumbs:

my wife says the same thing.. i haven't done the exhaust yet.. but my ford with the 5.3, i had a cherry bomb... and she loved hot rodding that thing... ..i still think i'm going with what you have.. the super 10, cutting everything off, and dumping it.... i saw your video and it sounded nice... again, i have it in my cart, i just havent pulled the trigger, not sure why... hhmm

• Like 1

my wife says the same thing.. i haven't done the exhaust yet.. but my ford with the 5.3, i had a cherry bomb... and she loved hot rodding that thing... ..i still think i'm going with what you have.. the super 10, cutting everything off, and dumping it.... i saw your video and it sounded nice... again, i have it in my cart, i just havent pulled the trigger, not sure why... hhmm

Yeah, the Cherry Bomb Extreme is a chambered muffler much like the Flowmaster 10. I don't mind drone at all, in fact I actually like it! There are members all over the Forum right now shaking their heads! :nonod::nonod::nonod::nonod::nonod::thumbs::lol:

• Like 1

I will say, if you have a little drone, it's great with little ones. Puts my kiddo right to sleep!!!

Mine only really has it on the highway, but it sounds so aggressive, i love it. If I had to do it all over again I would get the exact same setup!

Edited by tyrich88
  • Like 1

Alright, I have a couple questions I hope y'all can help me with.

First I have a Borla Pro XS Muffler (pn BOR-40349) with 4"black chrome tips (pn BOR-20162)

So my questions are, should I leave the 3rd cat? and should I eliminate the flex pipe?

What, if any are the benefits of removing the 3rd cat or leaving the flex pipe?

Alright, I have a couple questions I hope y'all can help me with.

First I have a Borla Pro XS Muffler (pn BOR-40349) with 4"black chrome tips (pn BOR-20162)

So my questions are, should I leave the 3rd cat? and should I eliminate the flex pipe?

What, if any are the benefits of removing the 3rd cat or leaving the flex pipe?

I removed the 3rd cat and don't regret it one bit. It's just hindering your exhaust flow that much more... And if you don't live in Cali, you don't need it anyways.. so why not get rid of it?

• Like 1

Yup Borla ProXS 40359 just like Ryan lol i'm interested to see how it sounds in a week or two, or however long it takes to break in.

Need to sell my ranchos and use that cash to fast track headers.

So far i really like the set up, it's really grown on me. The tip looks great and while i would prefer split rear or split side it would take a lot of work to get it like i want it. I absolutely hate the way most split rear catbacks look. It just doesn't look as though it fits. The tips are sticking out the rear too much and they noticeably protrude down from the bumper. I'd have to either put cuts in the bumper like dodge has or get another bumper so it looks clean. The 2017 raptor is a good example of how to have a proper clean split rear IMHO, the tips are flush at both ends of the bumper which also tapers off to be thinner at each end, so that each tip almost looks integrated to the bumper it's perfect, despite sounding like a damn weed eater..

I think I'm going to try this route as well. Is the 40359 something that could be clamped on? Or welded only?

I think I'm going to try this route as well. Is the 40359 something that could be clamped on? Or welded only?

You can clamp it Ryan is running clamps i believe.

At the end of his video he shows the muffler and it's clamped.

Edited by 5RWill
  • Like 1

Maybe it's just me but honest to God if i could get away with it, this is the sound i would want lol. Maybe not for an every day commute but if that isn't music to everyone's ears...well then i'm tone def.

• Like 1