2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

Anyone here try the Texas Speed headers? I'm very curious on any differences sound wise or even quality vs arh/kooks. My ideal choice is arh but if tsp is selling longtubes and catted pipes for 800 I ain't gona argue:D anyone try these?

Anyone here try the Texas Speed headers? I'm very curious on any differences sound wise or even quality vs arh/kooks. My ideal choice is arh but if tsp is selling longtubes and catted pipes for 800 I ain't gona argue:D anyone try these?

Ryan has.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/171035-rawyzfs-2015-silverado-z71-build/page-1

I've got mine sitting in my room, should be putting them on in a couple of weeks. Sooner if the damn state would give me my tax return within 90 days but apparently that's just asking too much. The welds are rather "meh" even from someone as inept as myself on welding it doesn't look good when you've been staring at professional tig welding fabs for days on end reading about prerunners in the last month. That said, as long as they don't leak i don't think i'll care. I couldn't justify 1300$ for pipes. Especially when that will get me Kings.

I have them, sound and function the same as the other brands. Only real difference it that TSP uses slip connections for the LT to the Y. Where the others use ball connections to everything I believe.

I have a few vids (like posted above) on youtube. Also, there is a long thread on TSP headers somewhere on this forum where I have a lot of pictures. I have some in my build thread also.

Ryan has.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/171035-rawyzfs-2015-silverado-z71-build/page-1

I've got mine sitting in my room, should be putting them on in a couple of weeks. Sooner if the damn state would give me my tax return within 90 days but apparently that's just asking too much. The welds are rather "meh" even from someone as inept as myself on welding it doesn't look good when you've been staring at professional tig welding fabs for days on end reading about prerunners in the last month. That said, as long as they don't leak i don't think i'll care. I couldn't justify 1300$ for pipes. Especially when that will get me Kings.

I have them, sound and function the same as the other brands. Only real difference it that TSP uses slip connections for the LT to the Y. Where the others use ball connections to everything I believe.

I have a few vids (like posted above) on youtube. Also, there is a long thread on TSP headers somewhere on this forum where I have a lot of pictures. I have some in my build thread also.

Hah! Just quoted u guys on abother header thread lol- as far as recommending 1 7/8 over 1 3/4 for low end?

Hah! Just quoted u guys on abother header thread lol- as far as recommending 1 7/8 over 1 3/4 for low end?

TSP reported saying it really doesn't matter on these trucks when N/A.

• 2 weeks later...

Carven has catback kits for our trucks now. They look pretty nice and will fit nicely if they are the same quality of their mufflers. Pretty nice pricing too.

http://www.carvenexhaust.com/products/exhaust-kits.html

I've got one! I posted a couple sound clips in another thread but this is a good place for them for reference for everyone.

I ordered the "Competitor Series" with the dual ceramic black tips. There's a bit of extra clarification required on that regarding our trucks. Carven has the R muffler which is the louder of their offerings and the TR, which is quieter. Usually Competitor = R, however, for our trucks they they designed a muffler specifically for the 5.3 in the Competitor package. As far as I can tell it is a slightly longer R muffler, I imagine with the intent of reducing drone and optimizing the exhaust note. With that said, on to the sound clips:

Cold Start:

Warm Start and some revs:

The videos do an OK job on conveying the sound of the exhaust but the miss a bit of the pop and crackle in some situations. For my taste, it's just the right amount of pop and crackle, so don't be concerned if that's not your taste. I've been super busy lately with personal stuff but I can try to take some more videos if there is interest.

As far as fit and finish goes, it's second to none. The whole kit is 304 stainless and the TIG welds are beautiful. Best quality exhaust kit that I have experience with.

I hope that this doesn't sound too fanboy, I'm just really really impressed with this company and their product.

WereBot that sounds really nice. How long is the muffler?

The ol' eyeball estimate says it's about 14" long. I can try to to get under the truck with a tape measure tonight if you are interested in an actual measurement.

The ol' eyeball estimate says it's about 14" long. I can try to to get under the truck with a tape measure tonight if you are interested in an actual measurement.

Did you buy it directly from Carven's website?

• Like 1

I was just curious if it was a different length than the TR which is 15.5" end to end with 11.5" of packing. No worries. Just wondering.

I was just curious if it was a different length than the TR which is 15.5" end to end with 11.5" of packing. No worries. Just wondering.

Hmm I think it's slightly shorter than that but not sure without measuring. I also don't think this muffler has any packing. At least not that I could see by looking in the end before installing.

I've got one! I posted a couple sound clips in another thread but this is a good place for them for reference for everyone.

I ordered the "Competitor Series" with the dual ceramic black tips. There's a bit of extra clarification required on that regarding our trucks. Carven has the R muffler which is the louder of their offerings and the TR, which is quieter. Usually Competitor = R, however, for our trucks they they designed a muffler specifically for the 5.3 in the Competitor package. As far as I can tell it is a slightly longer R muffler, I imagine with the intent of reducing drone and optimizing the exhaust note. With that said, on to the sound clips:

t this doesn't sound too fanboy, I'm just really really impressed with this company and their product.

Any V4 mode chopper noise? This is probably the last question I have on this system haha Ready to buy something to get my truck to sound like it has a v8 and not a Prius