2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

Ready to pull the trigger on the Carven Progressive Series for my truck. Any feedback?

Do it! I've got the Competitor Series on my truck. It's a high quality kit and the sound is fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed my 3" black widow venom 300 muffler this weekend, and geez what a great sound. Pulled out the muffler and resonator.

Had some beautiful 3" 304 food grade stainless laying around and built it so the exhaust turned out in front of the rear wheel. No drone whatsoever, nice deep tone, and quiet when cruising.

IMG 6418

IMG 6420

IMG 6422

• Like 1

Just installed my 3" black widow venom 300 muffler this weekend, and geez what a great sound. Pulled out the muffler and resonator.

Had some beautiful 3" 304 food grade stainless laying around and built it so the exhaust turned out in front of the rear wheel. No drone whatsoever, nice deep tone, and quiet when cruising.

Looks nice. I just installed a Black Widow 250 and love it.

• 2 months later...

Finally ordered a Magnaflow 12909. Going to leave the flapper and resonator on and see how it sounds. I had a Flowmaster on my 2011 with the factory resonator intact and it sounded great. Hopefully the flapper won't be an issue.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Finally ordered a Magnaflow 12909. Going to leave the flapper and resonator on and see how it sounds. I had a Flowmaster on my 2011 with the factory resonator intact and it sounded great. Hopefully the flapper won't be an issue.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I have a knock off Magnaflo without resonator, sounds clean. could be a bit louder IMO. but im happy with it. Be prepared, you may hear the v4 kick in, I can def hear it with the Res gone. Deleted the afm and happy now.

So i just bought a borla xr1 40943 3 inch inlet/outlet.

I obviously didnt do proper research. The stock pipe is 2.75. How do you adapt to get the muffler to fit? Do i need an adapter piece or am i missing something? Thanks for the help. Any pics would help to.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

So i just bought a borla xr1 40943 3 inch inlet/outlet.

I obviously didnt do proper research. The stock pipe is 2.75. How do you adapt to get the muffler to fit? Do i need an adapter piece or am i missing something? Thanks for the help. Any pics would help to.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Any exhaust shop can put that on they can expand a fitting for that

I had the stock muffler cut out and this magnaflow welded in, left resonator etc. alone, so far so good...subtle aggressive.

Got a clip? Looks like you cut the valve out too. How's v4 sound? Thinking of doing exactly this.

The valve is intact due to the advice of the mechanic at the muffler shop; stated not only does it maintain fuel efficiency, but also cuts down on drone.

I have since had the resonator removed and love the sound, I will try and post a clip soon.post-177713-0-63338600-1506380351_thumb.png

post-177713-0-63338600-1506380351_thumb.png

Edited by Javakid
  • Like 1

I'm thinking of the Flowmaster American Thunder 817602 for my 2017 6.2 with the max tow pkg, anyone else have this, or offer some advice

I recently installed this system on my daughters 2016 Challenger Shaker and it sounds and fit great, I also like the idea of it being stainless steel.