2014+ Exhaust Systems & Mufflers

Just for clarification after 162 pages, I wanna make sure I got this right!

1) Replacement muffler has to be a center/offset setup

2) Stock 5.3 exhaust size is 3"

3) If you're going to keep the AFM, the way to limit drone and "chopper" is to keep the flapper and third resonator

Your going to hear the chopper on any exhaust modification except maybe the factory backed performance exhaust. I just tuned mine off with a hand held. If your hearing exhaust your going to hear the V4 period. There's no voodoo That's going to make the sound anything but what it is. Otherwise all the 4 cylinders out there would sound like V8s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your going to hear the chopper on any exhaust modification except maybe the factory backed performance exhaust. I just tuned mine off with a hand held. If your hearing exhaust your going to hear the V4 period. There's no voodoo That's going to make the sound anything but what it is. Otherwise all the 4 cylinders out there would sound like V8s.

Sure, I don't think anyone is trying to totally get rid of it with out the AFM disabler. But, being that I'm still under the warranty and have heard mixed reviews regarding the Range module, I'm just trying to limit it.

Sure, I don't think anyone is trying to totally get rid of it with out the AFM disabler. But, being that I'm still under the warranty and have heard mixed reviews regarding the Range module, I'm just trying to limit it.

Your going to hear mix results on anything, human nature. I always had confidence in GM products so I played the odds and went with a tune. After doing research on the whole V4 setup I wasn't as confident so I don't blame anyone for waiting till after their warranty is up. If did it now I would go with the range device. If I was going to have it sit for a few days I would just unplug it.

• Like 1

Your going to hear mix results on anything, human nature. I always had confidence in GM products so I played the odds and went with a tune. After doing research on the whole V4 setup I wasn't as confident so I don't blame anyone for waiting till after their warranty is up. If did it now I would go with the range device. If I was going to have it sit for a few days I would just unplug it.

Unplugging the range is the least of the worries people are having according to the thread on here and elsewhere. Everything from Stabiltrak and ABS involvement to the system just not working at all. I think a lot of it had to do with the CANBUS and trying to jump the communication within it. Sucks I just feel too hesitant about the tune and the range device and will just have to live with the chopper. Just gotta figure out the way that people are minimizing it.

Unplugging the range is the least of the worries people are having according to the thread on here and elsewhere. Everything from Stabiltrak and ABS involvement to the system just not working at all. I think a lot of it had to do with the CANBUS and trying to jump the communication within it. Sucks I just feel too hesitant about the tune and the range device and will just have to live with the chopper. Just gotta figure out the way that people are minimizing it.

As stock diameter for the 5.3 it's 2.75". The only way you can minimize any drone or v4 chopper is keeping resonator and flapper and going with the quietest muffler there is out there. If you're looking for something more aggressive then you'll get drone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Is there a real consequence with running the truck in 5th gear all the time? I keep it in M5 (or L5) to eliminate the "chopper" as it doesn't kick into v4.

I don't think so as long as you monitor the RPMs. If it is on side streets and the not the highway, you should be fine.

Is there a real consequence with running the truck in 5th gear all the time? I keep it in M5 (or L5) to eliminate the "chopper" as it doesn't kick into v4.

I keep mine in M5 (3.42) until I hit 60mph. I've had it in M5 until 65mph but I feel like 65 should be in M6 already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I've had the Range AFM on my 2017 5.3 8 Speed Silverado for over 22K miles now. Just do it!! The only issues I've had is I'll get a check engine light occasionally on start up, unplug the range and plug it back in and you are back in business.

So looking to possible have the flow 10 series installed on my new truck, had a 2015 LT until it was flooded during harvey, just picked up 2017 LT Z71 4wd and want something louder than i had before as far as exhaust, had the 40 series on it before and resonator removed and dumped after the axle..

has anyone done the 10 series and regretted it? I know there will be alot of drone inside.. but dont want to regret it either.

Looking for the aggressive sound

So looking to possible have the flow 10 series installed on my new truck, had a 2015 LT until it was flooded during harvey, just picked up 2017 LT Z71 4wd and want something louder than i had before as far as exhaust, had the 40 series on it before and resonator removed and dumped after the axle..

has anyone done the 10 series and regretted it? I know there will be alot of drone inside.. but dont want to regret it either.

Looking for the aggressive sound

i bought the force 2 kit I think it has the 50 or 40 series muffler. Great sound but not loud enough in my opinion. The drone associated with it is not bad but it’s definitely there. Don’t know if this helps but wanted to share. I have the 5.3L by the way

2015 1500 LT Silverado Midnight Edition

yea see i got the 40 series on my 15 and after having it done was not loud enough, so had them remove the resonator and it was louder, but still didnt feel like what i wanted..

I may try the 10 series with the resonator to see how that sounds and not happy take the resonator off.

• Like 1