2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

On 11/1/2017 at 6:42 PM, Derek66lsx said:

Couldn't resist any longer, it needed to be lower..

Im now at 2" front 5" rear drop, sits perfect, and the belltech shocks/struts ride 1000x better then the stock racho's 

just in time for winter, had to put the winter wheels on this weekend :(

gmc.JPG

Truck looks great, love the level. I have a 2/4 drop (identical truck as yours), I'm curious on how i can go to a rear drop of 5 as-well. I'm thinking with my current rear drop i can just use a different shock? But not sure if that will work?

Q1: What drop kit did you use?

Q2: What size are your rear shocks?

Truck looks great, love the level. I have a 2/4 drop (identical truck as yours), I'm curious on how i can go to a rear drop of 5 as-well. I'm thinking with my current rear drop i can just use a different shock? But not sure if that will work?
Do you have the lift hanger (shackle flip) installed ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Switch to the next hole on th4 shackle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

These next holes? Moving this up to the next holes will hit the bed?

Sorry for the sideways pics.

IMG_6315.JPG

1 hour ago, nostrebor said:

Thanks, I went with Belltech 5/6 flip kit set to 5”

rear ahocks are BELLTECH 2210FF, if you are still running stock shocks I highly recommend swapping them out, my truck rides so much better with the belltechs Front and back

4 minutes ago, nostrebor said:

These next holes? Moving this up to the next holes will hit the bed?

Sorry for the sideways pics.

IMG_6315.JPG

What kit do you have, looks like stock shackle?

that looks like you are already at the 5” setting at least on mine. Moving up to the next hole should drop you another inch either way

16 minutes ago, Derek66lsx said:

rear ahocks are BELLTECH 2210FF, if you are still running stock shocks I highly recommend swapping them out, my truck rides so much better with the belltechs Front and back

Thanks for the info, i'm looking for an improvement. What front ones do you have?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2017 at 7:34 PM, Derek66lsx said:

I swapped them out, so much better like you said, no more bouncing like a boat! Thanks for all the info again, I did swap front and rear with the ones you have, really happy with the result!  

On 11/27/2017 at 7:27 PM, nostrebor said:

I swapped them out, so much better like you said, no more bouncing like a boat! Thanks for all the info again, I did swap front and rear with the ones you have, really happy with the result!  

Good to hear, I was very impressed by the ride when i swapped mine :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2017 at 11:10 PM, G342 said:

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the truck world. Came from the performance LS side of things.  I have a 2017 1500 2wd crew cab. Already with 2" drop shackles in the back but wanting to go lower, either a 2/5 or a 3/6, can anyone link me to the best kits for this? I've been looking at mccaughey and belltech but leaning towards mccaughey after reading this thread. 

The plan I'm wanting is to run 22x10 +31 Silverado SS replicas without rubbing and without a rubberband tire. Will this be doable without a ton of trimming and cutting metal? 

4/6 Inez Hot Rods kit on 22x9.5 +25 305/45 tires.

truckwide.jpg

Edited by Goinovr
  • Like 3

I have a '14 Denali, I'm about ready to go from a 2" lift on 34" tires to a drop on Foose 22" rims and a supercharger. Looking for recommendations on the best drop kit/shock combo. Thanks in advance