2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

1 minute ago, krzyd said:

I have a '14 Denali, I'm about ready to go from a 2" lift on 34" tires to a drop on Foose 22" rims and a supercharger. Looking for recommendations on the best drop kit/shock combo. Thanks in advance

depends if you have autoride or not (Assuming SUV) or if its a truck, then it depends how low you want/plan to eventually go.

1 minute ago, 2005_Silverado said:

depends if you have autoride or not (Assuming SUV) or if its a truck, then it depends how low you want/plan to eventually go.

4wd truck, I don't think it has autoride, I'm thinking 3/5 drop.

• 1 month later...

For those of you with a 7" rear drop looking for a good alternative to bump stops, look at Timbren products. I chose their "Rubber Spring" A140-65. It is a 1.885" tall rubber bump stop that has a nominal weight capacity rating of 500 lbs, and has a bump load capacity of 900 pounds. Their maximum deflected height is 1.1875", which means your differential and brake line/hose brackets will never hit the bottom of the bed. I purchased the set for ~75 USD. Just remove your factory bump stop brackets with a plasma cutter or sawzall, drop a 3/8" bolt through the existing hole, and put a nut on the underside. With the vehicle on flat ground at ride height, there is 5/16" clearance between my bump stop and the landing on the axle tube.

This is a relatively simple solution that provides a good combination of load capacity (can still use a half ton truck like a half ton), and ride comfort. I have zero qualms throwing two supermotos in the back of the truck, or hauling a thousand pound load. If you have any questions feel free to shoot a DM. Just something I found and figured I'd share.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, slee3247 said:

For those of you with a 7" rear drop looking for a good alternative to bump stops, look at Timbren products. I chose their "Rubber Spring" A140-65. It is a 1.885" tall rubber bump stop that has a nominal weight capacity rating of 500 lbs, and has a bump load capacity of 900 pounds. Their maximum deflected height is 1.1875", which means your differential and brake line/hose brackets will never hit the bottom of the bed. I purchased the set for ~75 USD. Just remove your factory bump stop brackets with a plasma cutter or sawzall, drop a 3/8" bolt through the existing hole, and put a nut on the underside. With the vehicle on flat ground at ride height, there is 5/16" clearance between my bump stop and the landing on the axle tube.

This is a relatively simple solution that provides a good combination of load capacity (can still use a half ton truck like a half ton), and ride comfort. I have zero qualms throwing two supermotos in the back of the truck, or hauling a thousand pound load. If you have any questions feel free to shoot a DM. Just something I found and figured I'd share.

Thanks Shaun. I remembered your post about Timbren stops earlier last year while I was looking around at the various options this past week. Just bought an '18 DCSB last week, and it's going in for a 5/7 next weekend. We're notching it and I'm going to keep the Belltech stops on it for now, but wanted to have a better option available if needed. This was it!

2 minutes ago, Stressin said:

Thanks Shaun. I remembered your post about Timbren stops earlier last year while I was looking around at the various options this past week. Just bought an '18 DCSB last week, and it's going in for a 5/7 next weekend. We're notching it and I'm going to keep the Belltech stops on it for now, but wanted to have a better option available if needed. This was it!

These will fit without a notch if you don't want to install one! One less major modification means (hopefully) better resale if you decide to sell the truck off in a few years. Always planning ahead :thumbs:

8 minutes ago, slee3247 said:

These will fit without a notch if you don't want to install one! One less major modification means (hopefully) better resale if you decide to sell the truck off in a few years. Always planning ahead :thumbs:

I definitely want the extended range of travel for the diff, and I'm not too worried about resale...I haven't ever sold off any vehicle that I've owned, and don't intend on starting a new trend now either. If the time ever comes that I want to sell it and upgrade, then I fully expect to take whatever financial hit comes along with the modifications. Besides, I already have the feeling that I'm gonna want to go even lower at some point :)

I appreciate the heads up nonetheless!

• Like 1

Are these bolted to the frame or the axle pad? I bought some low profile bump stops from Mcghaughys but I like the design of these better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, NoLand said:

Are these bolted to the frame or the axle pad? I bought some low profile bump stops from Mcghaughys but I like the design of these better.

These are bolted to the frame. I tried the mcg bumpstops but they blew out within a week. Give these a shot! They're cheap enough. I believe I found them for sale on sdtrucksprings

These are bolted to the frame. I tried the mcg bumpstops but they blew out within a week. Give these a shot! They're cheap enough. I believe I found them for sale on sdtrucksprings

Cool, I’ll have to take a look. I was under my truck this weekend installing helper bags and didn’t even realize there was a hole in the frame right there. I’ve been running without bump stops for awhile, but I know I need to get some on there. I’m only lowered 5 in the back, so it hasn’t been causing problems but we’re getting ready to get a camper trailer.

2 minutes ago, NoLand said:

Cool, I’ll have to take a look. I was under my truck this weekend installing helper bags and didn’t even realize there was a hole in the frame right there. I’ve been running without bump stops for awhile, but I know I need to get some on there. I’m only lowered 5 in the back, so it hasn’t been causing problems but we’re getting ready to get a camper trailer.

Can't honestly remember if there is a hole or not. If not, not a big deal to drill a 3/8" hole for a bolt. ?

On 11/1/2017 at 9:42 PM, Derek66lsx said:

Couldn't resist any longer, it needed to be lower..

Im now at 2" front 5" rear drop, sits perfect, and the belltech shocks/struts ride 1000x better then the stock racho's 

just in time for winter, had to put the winter wheels on this weekend :(

gmc.JPG

I am in a similar position as you were. I have the rear leveled with the shackles but want to go lower. Is your front suspension steel or aluminum? As I have not really been able to find any solutions for an aluminum front A-arm setup on a 4x4. How did the alignment go on the front? Also, any rubbing of your 285's, or even close? My 305's barely rub at full lock so just wondering how bad that might get.