2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

I have a question regarding the front drops. I started with mcgaughys 3" struts ?... garbage. Then I switched to the djm 4" upper and lower control arms ??.. They are awesome , but now I want 2 more inches in the front... My gut says spindles but is anybody running the 2" drop strut springs in the front ? If so how's the ride.... 

11 hours ago, RubyRed15 said:

I have a question regarding the front drops. I started with mcgaughys 3" struts ?... garbage. Then I switched to the djm 4" upper and lower control arms ??.. They are awesome , but now I want 2 more inches in the front... My gut says spindles but is anybody running the 2" drop strut springs in the front ? If so how's the ride.... 

Your problem was running struts at the lowest point. And djm is absolute garbage. You'll find out after having it on for awhile.  But yes if you want lower. Get spindles 

5 hours ago, Nasty said:

Your problem was running struts at the lowest point. And djm is absolute garbage. You'll find out after having it on for awhile.  But yes if you want lower. Get spindles 

Maybe so on the struts ,but I've put 30k on those djm arms. Truck rides smooth, stays in alignment, and I have no premature inner tire ware. I paid $150 for those mcgaughy struts straight from them... falls back to you get what you pay for. I don't just drive around my town in my ride. It goes on 7 hour drives to south Texas twice a month usually. Truck has 90k on it and has been 4/9 for over half of that. 

On 1/31/2018 at 2:49 PM, blownZ71 said:

I am in a similar position as you were. I have the rear leveled with the shackles but want to go lower. Is your front suspension steel or aluminum? As I have not really been able to find any solutions for an aluminum front A-arm setup on a 4x4. How did the alignment go on the front? Also, any rubbing of your 285's, or even close? My 305's barely rub at full lock so just wondering how bad that might get.

Mine is Aluminum, currently I am lowered 2" in the front with Belltech struts, rides great, no alignment issues, the only time i get a bit of a rub is in reverse at full lock, and its just rubbing on my mud flaps so not too concerned i should really find some new ones since these sit an inch off the ground now that its lowered haha.

If you are looking to drop 2" or less the struts are a great option imo, I kind of want to go a little lower now I have been considering some DJM 2" control arms and going back up a little with the shocks for around 3-3.5" total in the front and then I would drop the back from 5 to 6. Decisions..

1 hour ago, Derek66lsx said:

Mine is Aluminum, currently I am lowered 2" in the front with Belltech struts, rides great, no alignment issues, the only time i get a bit of a rub is in reverse at full lock, and its just rubbing on my mud flaps so not too concerned i should really find some new ones since these sit an inch off the ground now that its lowered haha.

If you are looking to drop 2" or less the struts are a great option imo, I kind of want to go a little lower now I have been considering some DJM 2" control arms and going back up a little with the shocks for around 3-3.5" total in the front and then I would drop the back from 5 to 6. Decisions..

That would be the worst thing you can do.  Using a strut and 2" arm.  That will make your front wheel closer to the rear of the front wheel well. Which looks ugly and more rubbing.  If you want 2 more inches you do spindles 

I lowered the rear of my 15 Sierra with bell tech 2” drop shackles. I also purchased the lowering brackets for the rear shocks but they didn’t come with my installation instruction. Could someone explain to me what the third 3/8 bolts is for. Am I supposed to drill a hole and bolt it to stock bracket?

2 hours ago, Bonjosco3ss said:

I lowered the rear of my 15 Sierra with bell tech 2” drop shackles. I also purchased the lowering brackets for the rear shocks but they didn’t come with my installation instruction. Could someone explain to me what the third 3/8 bolts is for. Am I supposed to drill a hole and bolt it to stock bracket?

Looks to me like you got an extra...

http://www.belltech.com/extras/docs/BBGC/6651.pdf

After lowering the rear of my truck with belltech shackles and block removal, i have decided i want to lower the front 1". Has anyone successfully used belltech lowering strut part #25004 on 2018 stamped LCAs? Belltech only shows that the drop spindles are compatible. 

TIA

20 hours ago, Dub1796 said:

After lowering the rear of my truck with belltech shackles and block removal, i have decided i want to lower the front 1". Has anyone successfully used belltech lowering strut part #25004 on 2018 stamped LCAs? Belltech only shows that the drop spindles are compatible. 

TIA

I have them on my 2017 with the stamped LCAs and they work just fine.