2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

On 4/14/2018 at 9:04 PM, qwank said:

I can live with that. I have a 10mm ring under the spring perch as per the instructions for non autoride trucks.  It says with auto ride to run no ring, I wonder If I take the ring out how much more it will drop?  I kinda wanted to put an 8mm ring in place of the 10mm in on the right side to make up for the 3/8'' lean though.  

I'm right at 5" in the front with no rings on the left and an 8mm ring on the right to compensate for the lean.

Edited by dla

50 minutes ago, SirenRed16 said:

Has anyone used the IHC kits? Came across them and they look well put together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

They seem like a djm replica and their helper bags are a replica of mcg. I personally will never use a djm product again so I'm against IHC kits

They seem like a djm replica and their helper bags are a replica of mcg. I personally will never use a djm product again so I'm against IHC kits
I was looking at their 4/6 kit which is $760 shipped. If I needed helper bag I would definitely go with mcg.

So I've been doing more thinking and research, and I think I want to wait to do a 3/5. Living in Wyoming I don't want to do to much and have to pull it off and go higher. What I was thinking on doing is moving the mounting of the strut from the top of the control arm to the bottom. I've seen some kits that use this as an option with a 1/4" spacer. This will be easily reversible. 

For the rear I was thinking about removing the spacer in the leafs. Again easily reversible and if I do want to go lower, I'll need to do this anyways. If I like the look or think about going lower I can save up and get a kit with shocks and struts. I'm about due for new shocks and struts having 130k miles. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 hour ago, drentlaw1 said:

So I've been doing more thinking and research, and I think I want to wait to do a 3/5. Living in Wyoming I don't want to do to much and have to pull it off and go higher. What I was thinking on doing is moving the mounting of the strut from the top of the control arm to the bottom. I've seen some kits that use this as an option with a 1/4" spacer. This will be easily reversible. 

For the rear I was thinking about removing the spacer in the leafs. Again easily reversible and if I do want to go lower, I'll need to do this anyways. If I like the look or think about going lower I can save up and get a kit with shocks and struts. I'm about due for new shocks and struts having 130k miles. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Do not flip the strut. 

• Like 1

I'm having a very hard time deciding on what kit/how many inches to drop 2016 Silverado regular cab with stamped steel control arms. I think I want 4/6, seen Mcgaughys offers a kit I like. Now my question is buy the kit with the shocks (not sure if they're any good) or buy a kit without shocks and buy my own shocks?

I'm having a very hard time deciding on what kit/how many inches to drop 2016 Silverado regular cab with stamped steel control arms. I think I want 4/6, seen Mcgaughys offers a kit I like. Now my question is buy the kit with the shocks (not sure if they're any good) or buy a kit without shocks and buy my own shocks?

4/6 looks killer on these trucks. The mcgaughys kit is really good stuff, though I can't speak for the shocks. 77f22961f67c154135dbeaf4eaad1d71.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4/6 looks killer on these trucks. The mcgaughys kit is really good stuff, though I can't speak for the shocks. 77f22961f67c154135dbeaf4eaad1d71.jpg

That truck looks good! What shocks did you use?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirenRed16 said:

Mcg

That truck looks good! What shocks did you use?

Thank you! My truck is a 4x4 so I had to do it a little different than most guys with 2wd trucks. I have 2" spindles with stock shocks and 2" lowering springs up front, and a flip kit in the rear set at 5 in that pic but next week I'll be bringing the rear to 6".

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 6:52 AM, qwank said:

I guess it's all in my head, It seems to be the same.  I made sure to tilt the camera up this time so it didn't look like I was going uphill. 

trucksun.thumb.JPG.40e8ac7c69c6eb62f13ee7cc5cfde783.JPGtrucck2.thumb.jpg.3dc0386046a59e20456a3b8adc1dd58c.jpg

Can you get me a quick picture.  I need to see the distance between your frame and axle pad in the rear. If you can hold a tape .measure in there that would be even better 

Can you get me a quick picture.  I need to see the distance between your frame and axle pad in the rear. If you can hold a tape .measure in there that would be even better 
I'm actually under the truck today, I'll get you a pic of mine in a bit if it'll help. Flip kit set at 6"

12 minutes ago, lovelessjl said:

I'm actually under the truck today, I'll get you a pic of mine in a bit if it'll help. Flip kit set at 6"

Yes and is it a rc or cc?