2014+ Lowering / Drop Kits

Using lowering shocks throws the camber and toe way out. My camber was at -1.9 degrees on both side and the wheels toed out big time with the drop shocks.

I misunderstood. I thought you just lowered the back because you said shocks. The front are struts. You meant struts

Just finished up installing McGaughy's 2" drop shackles. Easy enough to do. One thing I learned that may be of some use to the next person doing the shackle installation and it may have been mentioned. Loosen the two rear bolts where the bed it mounted to the frame. Then when you are jacking the diff up it will lift the bed and allow you to remove the bolt WITHOUT having to bend the rib that is above the leaf springs. My son came over and helped me button things up and that made it go real quick. At this point I am happy with things.

Rear As found measurements from ground to center of wheel well.

Drivers side 39 3/8"

Passengers 39 1/2"

Rear As left

Drivers side 38"

Passengers 37 15/16"

Front As Found, no changes made here

Drivers side 36 1/2"

Passengers 36 5/8"

It may settle some more not sure. But I just snugged the bolts in the shackles. I wanted to put a few miles on it before torquing.

I saw earlier in this thread that the torque is 85 ft.lbs. with an additional 90 degrees. Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by Eddie 70

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone through this whole thread, has anyone lowered the back of their truck by just removing the block. Specifically a crew cab. Everything I find is with the block removed and drop shackles. I think that will be far to much drop on my truck and would like to see if anyone has only puller the block.

Is there a rear shackle drop that can give me around 1/2" of drop. I have a 4.5" lift with fox coils up front and rear bds leafs with no rear blocks and fox shocks. My rear end is about 1/4" higher out back. I want to be a little higher up front and would rather use a drop shackle in the rear as long as it doesn't affect rear travel.

Is there a rear shackle drop that can give me around 1/2" of drop. I have a 4.5" lift with fox coils up front and rear bds leafs with no rear blocks and fox shocks. My rear end is about 1/4" higher out back. I want to be a little higher up front and would rather use a drop shackle in the rear as long as it doesn't affect rear travel.

Most shackles are in one inch increments. You could always remove one of the overload leafs to get the 1/2 inch thickness they are.

• 2 weeks later...

First thing I did was just remove the block. Lowers it a little, but not much.

I don't want a lot of drop just a little. Being a crew cab, I don't think mine looks like it sits up as high as a regular cab does from factory. The length of the truck makes the factory rake less noticeable.

My next question is which OEM u bolts will work with the block out. I thought I read somewhere the 99-02 or something 2wd u bolts are the right length for a leaf and axle with out the block.

I don't want a lot of drop just a little. Being a crew cab, I don't think mine looks like it sits up as high as a regular cab does from factory. The length of the truck makes the factory rake less noticeable.

My next question is which OEM u bolts will work with the block out. I thought I read somewhere the 99-02 or something 2wd u bolts are the right length for a leaf and axle with out the block.

2017 Silverado CCSB with 2 inch shackles and moved the block from under the leaf Springs to the top for a total of 3 inches. add16e2c6b3d289b2801b0326dfccf89.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

One u bolts work. But you sit just as high as a regular cab. Pull the block and do a shackle. But you'll want more

Yes, it's the same 1.25" of lift, but the angle the truck sits at is different from a regular cab to a crew cab. It'll look a lot more extreme on a regular cab than a crew cab.

And what do you mean one u bolts work?

Edited by Daly

I ended up putting in a set of Belltech struts in the front of my truck,

so im sitting at 2" drop in the front and a little over 3" in the back with shackles and blocks removed from the back.

It still sits a bit high for my liking in the back, but it sounds like to go any lower I would need to go to a flip kit, havent decided yet if i want to do that, don't really like the idea of cutting on such a new vehicle, do any kits require less cutting then others?

I really only want to go down another inch or so..

And any recomendations on rear shocks for a regular cab? I hear a lot of people say everything is designed for the heavier crew cabs and ride rough on the regular cabs, the front belltech rides much better then the stock rancho's, was thinking of going with the belltech street performance 2212FF.

anyway hers a pic of how it sits now

post-173448-0-64954800-1503694129_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I ended up putting in a set of Belltech struts in the front of my truck,

so im sitting at 2" drop in the front and a little over 3" in the back with shackles and blocks removed from the back.

It still sits a bit high for my liking in the back, but it sounds like to go any lower I would need to go to a flip kit, havent decided yet if i want to do that, don't really like the idea of cutting on such a new vehicle, do any kits require less cutting then others?

I really only want to go down another inch or so..

And any recomendations on rear shocks for a regular cab? I hear a lot of people say everything is designed for the heavier crew cabs and ride rough on the regular cabs, the front belltech rides much better then the stock rancho's, was thinking of going with the belltech street performance 2212FF.

anyway hers a pic of how it sits now

The only thing you cut off is the bump stop bracket.