Silver Ice Metallic paint fans

Here's mine. It's a base model (only option is locking diff). Got it on 12/05 and I love it. I'm planning to do some color matching. Will be starting with the upper section of the front bumper and the center section of the rear bumper. Just need to find someone to paint it for a reasonable price.

post-126520-0-49206700-1388010812_thumb.jpg

Edited by tenx82
  • Like 2

Defiantly no complains in this thread but generally speaking I see a lot of complains in the forum and were just hoping for those who have some problems with their truck that they also look at the half full cup and enjoying their rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverado's are SIM and the Sierra is QSM. I used to own a 06 Pontiac GTO that was QSM. Tidbit on silver oh and beautiful trucks :cool:

This silver gray automotive paint color is most commonly known as Switchblade Silver. Other common color promotional names include Silver Ice, Quicksilver, Blade Silver, and Radiant Silver. The color formulation has been used between 2009 and 2015, primarily by GM. We have records of this color appearing on the following models: Corvette, Chevrolet, GMC, Chevy Truck, Cadillac, Camaro, Buick, Volt, Spark, Hummer, Saturn, and Pontiac.

year manuf model code paint name comment 2014 GM Chevy Truck 17,GAN Quicksilver Captiva Colorado Equinox Express Orlando Silverado Suburban Tahoe Tornado Traverse Trax 2014 GM Corvette 17,GAN Blade Silver 2014 GM GMC 17,GAN Quicksilver Acadia Savana Sierra Terrain Yukon

Silverado's are SIM and the Sierra is QSM. I used to own a 06 Pontiac GTO that was QSM. Tidbit on silver oh and beautiful trucks :cool:

This silver gray automotive paint color is most commonly known as Switchblade Silver. Other common color promotional names include Silver Ice, Quicksilver, Blade Silver, and Radiant Silver. The color formulation has been used between 2009 and 2015, primarily by GM. We have records of this color appearing on the following models: Corvette, Chevrolet, GMC, Chevy Truck, Cadillac, Camaro, Buick, Volt, Spark, Hummer, Saturn, and Pontiac.

year manuf model code paint name comment 2014 GM Chevy Truck 17,GAN Quicksilver Captiva Colorado Equinox Express Orlando Silverado Suburban Tahoe Tornado Traverse Trax 2014 GM Corvette 17,GAN Blade Silver 2014 GM GMC 17,GAN Quicksilver Acadia Savana Sierra Terrain Yukon

Yea I realized after a little research the Quicksilver Metallic on the GMC's is the same exact paint as the Silver Ice Metallic on the Silverado's just with a different name, same paint code. Strange.

Other than my engine sounding like a bat out of hell on cold mornings, nothing but loveeeee haha

I love the truck so far, but idk if its my over working OCD or what but the truck seems to slowly be developing rattles and I can't stand them lol

I love the truck so far, but idk if its my over working OCD or what but the truck seems to slowly be developing rattles and I can't stand them lol

As far as im concerned, if my engine blows they'll owe me a new truck and I'll enjoy it just as much Edited by bladz1454
  • Like 1

ru4e9yzy.jpg

Doesn't even have 100 miles yet :) loving the rims with the Silver Metallic. I plan to paint match the bumper and mirrors soon as the weather gets better.

• Like 1

Yeah these are really good. Right up there if not better than my Open Country AT2 on my Cummins. They're 35's tho on a 16 rim.

Edited by Dj0nes