- - - - -

My Link play DVD's?

8 replies to this topic

#1 brendon444

brendon444

Enthusiast

• 80 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

Just got my 14 denali wondering if the mylink can play dvd's. It doesnt play the youtube video when listening on my phone either. Any way to get it to do either of these. Dodge has been doing it for years.

#2 rtrainham

rtrainham

Enthusiast

• 26 posts
  • Name:Ronnie Trainham
  • Drives:2014 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 1500 Z71 LT

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

I have have been wondering the same thing. I don't know why GM wouldn't take it into consideration though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 Rob191288

Rob191288

Enthusiast

• 42 posts
  • Name:Rob
  • Drives:2014 SIiverado crew cab LTZ Z71 4X4

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

I have have been wondering the same thing. I don't know why GM wouldn't take it into consideration though.

+1

#4 diannabill

diannabill

diannabill

• 335 posts
  • Name:Bill
  • Drives:2014 Silverado 4WD 1500 LT DBL, All Star

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:07 PM

I just went out to my truck and popped a DVD into MyLink.  It tried to read it for awhile, then spit it out.  (Unless maybe it didn't like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation). 

#5 sh00ter

sh00ter

Enthusiast

• 194 posts
  • Name:Joe
  • Drives:2014 Summit White Denali 6.2 Crew Cab

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

They probably considered it for an instant & then thought it would be better if you just bought the rear seat entertainment package!

#6 rtrainham

rtrainham

Enthusiast

• 26 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:33 PM

They probably considered it for an instant & then thought it would be better if you just bought the rear seat entertainment package!

I was thinking along those lines immediately after I posted that comment. Haha. But I was leaning more towards, what if they only had the trucks with the rear entertainment package set up to play DVDs, that would be my luck .

#7 brendon444

brendon444

Enthusiast

• 80 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

Yeah takes gm 5 years to even come close to dodges interior and in my opinion they still are behind. Nothing over the top in this interior in terms of tech. Simple dvd in dash would of been nice I actually expected it and didnt look much into it. Gm power train is what kept me in a gm vehicle. Hoping to have as good of luck with the 14 as I did with the power train in my 04,09. 

Edited by brendon444, 14 December 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#8 GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service

Verified GM Employee

• 977 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

Hey brendon444,

I've consulted the owners manual. According to page 7-17 it looks like the video application is only available on vehicles with Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE). Hopefully you are able to utilize some of the other great features the Infotainment System has to offer! If you have any other questions feel free to reach out via PM. 

Jonathan A. (Assisting Jennifer)

GM Customer Care 

>>>>>> Please check out the new GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/ for more vehicle information!

#9 rtrainham

rtrainham

Enthusiast

• 26 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:50 AM

Yeah takes gm 5 years to even come close to dodges interior and in my opinion they still are behind. Nothing over the top in this interior in terms of tech. Simple dvd in dash would of been nice I actually expected it and didnt look much into it. Gm power train is what kept me in a gm vehicle. Hoping to have as good of luck with the 14 as I did with the power train in my 04,09. 

Yea I sort of expected it as well. Not a huge deal though. Looks like the second guess was right on tho. Ha

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here