Direct injection engines

The new valve covers on these Gen V small blocks will (hopefully) prevent this issues. They have built in oil/air seperation in those tall domes on the valve covers. Supposedly, they increase PCV oil/air separation 3 times better over the Gen IV small block.

For the carbon build up, run a can of seafoam thru the tank over a month of driving and fill ups. I use this religiously in my Harley. I have tore down many Harley engines, I require each customer to run Seafoam thru the tank before I tear it down.

Mike

For the carbon build up, run a can of seafoam thru the tank over a month of driving and fill ups. I use this religiously in my Harley. I have tore down many Harley engines, I require each customer to run Seafoam thru the tank before I tear it down.

Mike

I typically use a can of Chevron Techron injection cleaner in my vehicles. Is there any advantage to using Sea Foam?

I typically use a can of Chevron Techron injection cleaner in my vehicles. Is there any advantage to using Sea Foam?

On a Direct Injection there is no fuel behind the valves. As the name states, the fuel injector is right in the cylinder. Techron or other bottle in the tank treatments will work on multiport injected cars because the injector is behind the valves.

SeaFoam or other vapor based intake cleaners are injected through a vacuum source, so it gets in all the right places when you use it. On a DI motor, it will clean the back of the valves, since there is no fuel wash like a multiport.

On a Direct Injection there is no fuel behind the valves. As the name states, the fuel injector is right in the cylinder. Techron or other bottle in the tank treatments will work on multiport injected cars because the injector is behind the valves.

SeaFoam or other vapor based intake cleaners are injected through a vacuum source, so it gets in all the right places when you use it. On a DI motor, it will clean the back of the valves, since there is no fuel wash like a multiport.

Exactly.

Also, injector cleaners don't really serve a purpose anymore, as the fuel is run through them at significantly higher pressures. I don't know the spec on the new GM motors, but on the VW diesel I had, it was 10k+ PSI. Does a much better job of keeping things from gumming up than 50PSI. :)

Exactly.

Also, injector cleaners don't really serve a purpose anymore, as the fuel is run through them at significantly higher pressures. I don't know the spec on the new GM motors, but on the VW diesel I had, it was 10k+ PSI. Does a much better job of keeping things from gumming up than 50PSI. :)

I think the GM DI systems run around 750psi at idle and at full load around 2000-2200psi.

Remember anything put in a gas tank be it Techron or Sea Foam (both good products) or a whitches brew can loosen matter from filler to DI popet

Risk I have taken for years, low risk at that. JME

Mike

Archived