• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#1 icecrm

icecrm

Enthusiast

• 446 posts
  • Drives:Escalade EXT ---> '14 High Country

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

I stopped in at my dealer today to just chat with a friend (sales manager) and he was showing me the truck he ordered in for himself.

Apparently the rear slider is no longer available indefinitely on the 14's. Too many problems; has anyone here experienced this? 

Just find it odd of GM to discontinue the non-step rear bumpers (Denali specific) and now the window? 

Edited by MotoMedic, 07 February 2014 - 12:53 PM.
Added Topic Tags

#2 Shahar

Shahar

Enthusiast

• 140 posts
  • Drives:2014 Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLT

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

Rear window here - no problems so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 mzodarg

mzodarg

Enthusiast

• 959 posts
  • Drives:2014 Chevy Crew cab Z71 LTZ

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:17 AM

I have to rear window also, no issues.   I am getting the regulator replaced under the the TSB that was issued in November. I've had no issue's with it, just getting it replaced.

Mike

2014 LTZ Z71 Crewcab

truck69a345x198_zpsc06f9f54.jpg

22" GM rims, GM tri-fold bed cover, chrome honeycomb grill, AMP power steps,GM painted mud flaps, weathertech in channel vent visors, auto locking tailgate, GM under rail bed lighting. Custom 3" exhaust with Magnaflow 14" and third CAT delete, tuned by Diablew.

#4 Jon A

Jon A

Enthusiast

• 310 posts
  • Drives:2014 Denali 6.2 CC Standard Bed

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:11 AM

As far as I know, the sliding window is still on my build sheet for my Christmas Baby Denali.  I guess I won't know for sure until it's delivered.  I'm guessing the TSB takes care of the issues, it's just a matter of making enough replacement parts and having anything left over for production.

IIRC, the non-step bumper was never available on the Denali.  They came on the earlier All Terrains, the Denalis always came with painted step bumpers and the All Terrains eventually transitioned to them after a while.

#5 icecrm

icecrm

Enthusiast

• 446 posts
  • Drives:Escalade EXT ---> '14 High Country

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:39 AM

Yes I ordered and received the rear slider as well. No problems yet: What was the TSB? 

However I placed my order at the same time a friend did.

He ordered a A/T with the non-step and thats what he received.

I ordered an HC with non-step and received the step - even though my build sheet said painted: non step. 

"Originally" = being 3-4 months back: you had the option of having painted step or non-step rear bumpers on the A/T, HC and the "future" Denali. Sometime in the past 4-6 weeks (I was caught right in the middle of it) GM decided to make the painted non-step bumper Denali specific which meant all A/T and HC trucks must get the painted step.  

As far as I know, the sliding window is still on my build sheet for my Christmas Baby Denali.  I guess I won't know for sure until it's delivered. 

I hope your truck arrives as you ordered. Please keep us updated so we know the status on whether or not this option is still or will be available in the future. 

#6 Jon A

Jon A

Enthusiast

• 310 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:29 AM

Thanks, I'll definately let people know when it shows up.

GM decided to make the painted non-step bumper Denali specific which meant all A/T and HC trucks must get the painted step.. 

I don't think this is accurate though.  It is my understanding that Denalis have always come with the painted step bumpers and the non-step painted bumpers are no longer available on anything.  In short, all current bumpers are step--chrome for most models, painted for Denali, All Terrain and High Country.

#7 Mudbone

Mudbone

Enthusiast

• 9 posts
  • Name:Rick

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:41 AM

I ordered my truck on 12/6 and the rear slider was available and selected. The order was confirmed on 12/9 and the rear slider was NOT included and the price of the truck was reduced by $250.

When I inquired as to why, I was told that there were known problems with the window unit and that the supplier was not cooperating with GMC to resolve the problem, so they dropped the vendor and discontinued the option until a suitable replacement can be found.

True / false - I don't know, but this is what I was told.

#8 ShotgunZ71

ShotgunZ71

Enthusiast

• 273 posts
  • Drives:2014 Chevrolet Silverado CC Z71 LTZ

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:56 AM

My regulator messed up the 2nd week I had it. Took about 2 weeks for a replacement to come in, but it's been trouble-free ever since. That was in July, so it's been a while.

#9 cadaniel

cadaniel

Enthusiast

• 24 posts
  • Drives:2014 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Z71 2LZ - Tungsten

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

Mine was ordered with the slider on 10/29, picked up at dealership on 12/16, and the slider was deleted.  Even the sales guys at the dealership are pissed about it.

I'm a senior engineer at a technology company that is a supplier, and we design and manufacture all types of high-technology components.  I'm sure we would be willing to look at taking over the design of this if GM wants.  We could probably turn it into a fully functional sliding touchscreen if that's what they wanted.  Who is the current manufacturer of the slider?

2014 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Z71 2LZ - Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Tungsten, Black Leather Interior - Heated/Cooled, 5.3L, 3.42, Sunroof
Mods: 15% Llumar Tint, K&N Filter, Line-X
Upcoming: RC 2.5", 275/70R18 BFG AT, Plasti-Dip, Weathertech Mats

#10 Rob191288

Rob191288

Enthusiast

• 45 posts
  • Name:Rob
  • Drives:2014 SIiverado crew cab LTZ Z71 4X4

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

When did they discontinue it all together? My truck was built in sept and I have one that works great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 jj46

jj46

Enthusiast

• 49 posts
  • Drives:2014 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 Z71

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

I'm sure it was built to a price point... they gambled and lost.  Anything can be made near perfect with enough time, money, and resources.

#12 seatec

seatec

Enthusiast

• 327 posts
  • Drives:14' GMC AT 5.3L 6" ProComp LRG 20x9

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

I think they should go to a Tundra style retracting window.  On of the few things I miss form the Tundra,  Nice to have the whole rear window go down.

#13 thegman6

thegman6

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

Ordered my Denali on Oct 30 which included the sliding rear window with defogger, just picked up today and can confirm that it is indeed in there, didn't get deleted.

#14 Jon A

Jon A

Enthusiast

• 310 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

Wow, you ordered Oct 30 and already picked it up?  That's great.  What options did you have?

#15 Easyeel

Easyeel

Enthusiast

• 6 posts
  • Drives:2014 Silverado LTZ Crew

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

Mine has been working like a dream so far

Mine has been working like a dream so far

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: issue, k2, rear window

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here