I stopped in at my dealer today to just chat with a friend (sales manager) and he was showing me the truck he ordered in for himself.

Apparently the rear slider is no longer available indefinitely on the 14's. Too many problems; has anyone here experienced this?

Just find it odd of GM to discontinue the non-step rear bumpers (Denali specific) and now the window?

Edited by MotoMedic
Added Topic Tags

Rear window here - no problems so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to rear window also, no issues. I am getting the regulator replaced under the the TSB that was issued in November. I've had no issue's with it, just getting it replaced.

Mike

As far as I know, the sliding window is still on my build sheet for my Christmas Baby Denali. I guess I won't know for sure until it's delivered. I'm guessing the TSB takes care of the issues, it's just a matter of making enough replacement parts and having anything left over for production.

IIRC, the non-step bumper was never available on the Denali. They came on the earlier All Terrains, the Denalis always came with painted step bumpers and the All Terrains eventually transitioned to them after a while.

Yes I ordered and received the rear slider as well. No problems yet: What was the TSB?

However I placed my order at the same time a friend did.

He ordered a A/T with the non-step and thats what he received.

I ordered an HC with non-step and received the step - even though my build sheet said painted: non step.

"Originally" = being 3-4 months back: you had the option of having painted step or non-step rear bumpers on the A/T, HC and the "future" Denali. Sometime in the past 4-6 weeks (I was caught right in the middle of it) GM decided to make the painted non-step bumper Denali specific which meant all A/T and HC trucks must get the painted step.

As far as I know, the sliding window is still on my build sheet for my Christmas Baby Denali. I guess I won't know for sure until it's delivered.

I hope your truck arrives as you ordered. Please keep us updated so we know the status on whether or not this option is still or will be available in the future.

Thanks, I'll definately let people know when it shows up.

GM decided to make the painted non-step bumper Denali specific which meant all A/T and HC trucks must get the painted step..

I don't think this is accurate though. It is my understanding that Denalis have always come with the painted step bumpers and the non-step painted bumpers are no longer available on anything. In short, all current bumpers are step--chrome for most models, painted for Denali, All Terrain and High Country.

I ordered my truck on 12/6 and the rear slider was available and selected. The order was confirmed on 12/9 and the rear slider was NOT included and the price of the truck was reduced by $250.

When I inquired as to why, I was told that there were known problems with the window unit and that the supplier was not cooperating with GMC to resolve the problem, so they dropped the vendor and discontinued the option until a suitable replacement can be found.

True / false - I don't know, but this is what I was told.

• Like 1

My regulator messed up the 2nd week I had it. Took about 2 weeks for a replacement to come in, but it's been trouble-free ever since. That was in July, so it's been a while.

Mine was ordered with the slider on 10/29, picked up at dealership on 12/16, and the slider was deleted. Even the sales guys at the dealership are pissed about it.

I'm a senior engineer at a technology company that is a supplier, and we design and manufacture all types of high-technology components. I'm sure we would be willing to look at taking over the design of this if GM wants. We could probably turn it into a fully functional sliding touchscreen if that's what they wanted. Who is the current manufacturer of the slider?

When did they discontinue it all together? My truck was built in sept and I have one that works great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure it was built to a price point... they gambled and lost. Anything can be made near perfect with enough time, money, and resources.

I think they should go to a Tundra style retracting window. On of the few things I miss form the Tundra, Nice to have the whole rear window go down.

Ordered my Denali on Oct 30 which included the sliding rear window with defogger, just picked up today and can confirm that it is indeed in there, didn't get deleted.

Wow, you ordered Oct 30 and already picked it up? That's great. What options did you have?

Mine has been working like a dream so far

Mine has been working like a dream so far

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Auto Circuit Solutions
      If any one has issues with there instrument cluster we are here to help. We have serviced thousands of instrument clusters for the following makes- GMC, Chevy, Buick, Pontiac and Hummer. Complete list below. 
      We fix all issues that these clusters have like erratic gauges, dim or dead display, battery drain, odometer error, backlighting replacement and LED upgrade, and complete power lose to cluster. 

We are a reputable company with a strong past based in Ozark Missouri. We offer lifetime warranty on all our services. Here is a link to our google https://goo.gl/maps/SEBKizfkvPx .

We also repair GM ABS modules, Climate control units, and we can upgrade backlighting to leds of your choice in steering wheel buttons, climate control, headlight switch, 4wd switch, window switches, etc. 

If you are interested in our services you can visit our website https://www.automotivecircuitsolutions.com/
      if you have any questions send them to [email protected]
      or call us 417-755-0179. 

Here is a detailed list of the year makes and models that we service.
      (we are not limited to these makes and models. If you have anything else contact us)

03-06 Chevy Silverado / GMC Sierra 07 Silverado / Sierra Classic 03-06 Avalanche  03-05 C4500 TopKick 03-06 Suburban Yukon Tahoe Envoy  00-05 Cavalier  00-05 Sunfire 03-06 Cadillac Escalade  02-05 Monte Carlo 03-06 SSR 02-05 Impala 03-06 Hummer H2 02-06 Trailblazer/ Blazer 03-05 Bonneville  04-06 Rainier 02-06 Rendezvous 02-06 Ascender 03-04 Bravada 03-04 Silhouette 03-05 Aztek 03-04 Montana 03-05 Lesabre 03-05 Venture 02-05 Sunfire 03-04 Malibu Following Vehicles - Display Repair Only 
      (No Gauge Repairs)
      97-04 Century (Information Displays Repair Only) 97-04 Regal (Information Displays Repair Only) 99-02 Silverado / Sierra (PRND321/Odometer Display Repair Only) 07-13 Silverado / Sierra (PRND321/Odometer Display Repair Only) 07-12 Suburban / Tahoe / Yukon (Display Repair Only) 02 Avalanche (Display Repair Only)  

Here is some images of how many stepper motors we replaced and some examples of how the leds look. 

• By Dwp_Silveraydo
      Truck started to make a squeaking noise this weekend, took it to the dealership on Monday. Dealership called Tuesday and said that they could not find anything wrong with the truck and that this sound is normal. Take a look at this video so that you can hear and understand what I am talking about.  https://youtu.be/aERzjGAX-aU
      Does this sound normal to you guys? I also put water on the belt and the noise was persistent so it does not appear to be the belt. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 
    • By Mike1220
      Hey all, SO let me start by mentioning I changed out my stock lower ball joints to Moog lower ball joints on November 5th, 2016. This being said, I removed the stock LBJ after 40k miles (20k on level w/ stock tires, 20k on 6" RCX knuckle and spacer lift w/ 35x12.5 tires and 20x9 rims @ 0 offset), and it looks like I am needing to replace them AGAIN! Barely even 10k miles later I am seeing the same irregular wear pattern as when I had the stock ball joints. I greased them when new and at oil change (every 5k mark). I got the vehicle aligned the following day after I installed the new LBJ btw, and I also changed the UCA to cognito arms at the same time.

What I am curious of is if the issue is lying in the stock rancho shocks and the spacer lift maybe being too rough on the LBJ on the truck, this being said, does anyone else with more knowledge/experience in this area have any advice or other possible causes? I have searched the internet and haven't found anything really definitive so Im at a loss. I am at 50k right now and will have the truck at the shop within the week to get the alignment checked as well as other routine maintenance performed.

I am just at a total loss and don't want to run through these new tires nearly as fast as I went through my old ones (barely even 25k miles before the edges were at 10% tread remaining at best)

The rear tires are wearing beautifully but the fronts are wearing from the outside, in. The outer scalloped edges are all even and smoothed out, whereas the interior side of the tire still has extremely defined edges that look practically brand new

I'll get photos and attach for reference.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    • By dasimmon
      Curious how many people out there have a CC short box with a toolbox? do you regret it? seems like there is practically no bed room left after putting one in and has me contemplating a standard bed...thoughts?
    • By RakJimmy
      alternator reads 13.6 volts charging. Voltage on the dash is 12. As the vehicle runs the voltage drops slowly until 10 volts. Any suggestions to what the issue is? Brand new battery solid ground on it and positive.