Rear Slider Window Discontinued?!

I stopped in at my dealer today to just chat with a friend (sales manager) and he was showing me the truck he ordered in for himself.

Apparently the rear slider is no longer available indefinitely on the 14's. Too many problems; has anyone here experienced this?

Just find it odd of GM to discontinue the non-step rear bumpers (Denali specific) and now the window?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to rear window also, no issues. I am getting the regulator replaced under the the TSB that was issued in November. I've had no issue's with it, just getting it replaced.

Mike

As far as I know, the sliding window is still on my build sheet for my Christmas Baby Denali. I guess I won't know for sure until it's delivered. I'm guessing the TSB takes care of the issues, it's just a matter of making enough replacement parts and having anything left over for production.

IIRC, the non-step bumper was never available on the Denali. They came on the earlier All Terrains, the Denalis always came with painted step bumpers and the All Terrains eventually transitioned to them after a while.

Yes I ordered and received the rear slider as well. No problems yet: What was the TSB?

However I placed my order at the same time a friend did.

He ordered a A/T with the non-step and thats what he received.

I ordered an HC with non-step and received the step - even though my build sheet said painted: non step.

"Originally" = being 3-4 months back: you had the option of having painted step or non-step rear bumpers on the A/T, HC and the "future" Denali. Sometime in the past 4-6 weeks (I was caught right in the middle of it) GM decided to make the painted non-step bumper Denali specific which meant all A/T and HC trucks must get the painted step.

As far as I know, the sliding window is still on my build sheet for my Christmas Baby Denali. I guess I won't know for sure until it's delivered.

I hope your truck arrives as you ordered. Please keep us updated so we know the status on whether or not this option is still or will be available in the future.

Thanks, I'll definately let people know when it shows up.

GM decided to make the painted non-step bumper Denali specific which meant all A/T and HC trucks must get the painted step..

I don't think this is accurate though. It is my understanding that Denalis have always come with the painted step bumpers and the non-step painted bumpers are no longer available on anything. In short, all current bumpers are step--chrome for most models, painted for Denali, All Terrain and High Country.

I ordered my truck on 12/6 and the rear slider was available and selected. The order was confirmed on 12/9 and the rear slider was NOT included and the price of the truck was reduced by $250.

When I inquired as to why, I was told that there were known problems with the window unit and that the supplier was not cooperating with GMC to resolve the problem, so they dropped the vendor and discontinued the option until a suitable replacement can be found.

True / false - I don't know, but this is what I was told.

Mine was ordered with the slider on 10/29, picked up at dealership on 12/16, and the slider was deleted. Even the sales guys at the dealership are pissed about it.

I'm a senior engineer at a technology company that is a supplier, and we design and manufacture all types of high-technology components. I'm sure we would be willing to look at taking over the design of this if GM wants. We could probably turn it into a fully functional sliding touchscreen if that's what they wanted. Who is the current manufacturer of the slider?

Archived