Rear Slider Window Discontinued?!

This would almost be a deal breaker for me. I have probably opened the rear slider on my 07 well over 2200 times. I used it daily and not one issue. They got rid of rainsense as well. Boo!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, you ordered Oct 30 and already picked it up? That's great. What options did you have?

Denali with the 5.3L, Driver Alert, and Sunroof. I'm pretty surprised it arrived so fast, I'm up in Saskatchewan Canada and was told to expect at least 10 weeks, got here in exactly 7 weeks. This thread made me a little worried about the rear window being deleted, so I was happy to see it there when I picked it up.

This would almost be a deal breaker for me. I have probably opened the rear slider on my 07 well over 2200 times. I used it daily and not one issue. They got rid of rainsense as well. Boo! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I had an 09 AV and loved the rain sense. One of the first things I noticed when I was looking at the 2014.

This would almost be a deal breaker for me. I have probably opened the rear slider on my 07 well over 2200 times. I used it daily and not one issue. They got rid of rainsense as well. Boo! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I had an 09 AV and loved the rain sense. One of the first things I noticed when I was looking at the 2014.

I get the heater washer fluid pump (miss that as well) but the wipers worked great. I never had to touched them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Funny, I had the rain sense on my 08 and I disconnected it. When it was a light mist or very light snow, it would not turn the wipers on intermitantly so I basically had to turn the wipers off and on every two minutes myself. I was ready to sell the truck I was so frustrated with it. I guess it all depends on what conditions you drive in :) i was very happy to see it not on my 2010.

Mine was ordered with the slider on 10/29, picked up at dealership on 12/16, and the slider was deleted. Even the sales guys at the dealership are pissed about it.

I'm a senior engineer at a technology company that is a supplier, and we design and manufacture all types of high-technology components. I'm sure we would be willing to look at taking over the design of this if GM wants. We could probably turn it into a fully functional sliding touchscreen if that's what they wanted. Who is the current manufacturer of the slider?

Ouch. That is precisely the kind of crap that keeps me from ordering a 2014 GM truck. Maybe one day they'll get their act together but it probably won't be this model year.

12 hours later and no pic...I'm starting to wonder...Just kidding.

Mike

Can't a guy even work a 12 hour shift to help pay for it...lol

945786_744602698902468_1830383044_n.jpg

and the interior

1489287_744602505569154_1889029152_n.jpg

1471859_744602338902504_1076424389_n.jpg

and from the dealer

601216_744602845569120_453338310_n.jpg

but if it is a gift....why did it come with a payment book?

Archived