Rear Slider Window Discontinued?!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 6.2 Sierra SLT Z71 just arrived at my dealership. It was ordered back in late October with power sliding rear window. Apparently because of issues discussed on this board, it was delivered without it. I obviously am not getting charged for it, and with crew cab it's not like it was going to get used a lot. I actually like the unobstructed view with solid pane of glass there instead. And yes the window has a defroster built in.

Can't a guy even work a 12 hour shift to help pay for it...lol

and the interior

and from the dealer

but if it is a gift....why did it come with a payment book?

Ah, Beautiful!! Congrats!

Beautiful truck. I'm liking the interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a 2014 Sierra LTZ and it came with the rear sliding glass door. Guess should consider myself one of the lucky ones.

What's your build date. That would tell the whole truth...

Mike

went to the dealer for the second oil change yesterday. Check out serveral new LTZ on the lot while i was waiting and 3 out of 4 have rear slider delete.. On the window sticker option/equipment show -$250 for this option

My LTZ was bulit 9/13 and has the slider. It has not broken yet either, but dealer said the issues with it are bad enough to get the fix done regardless and they have parts in stock (hint, hint). So, I'm scheduled to have it done tomorrow. Just passing info on...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So the dealer has a "fix" for the trucks that have the rear slider that havent broke?

My window is fine.. even though I hardly ever use it. But should I still ask the dealer about this next week when the truck is in for service? What is involved in the "fix" do they need to tear the back apart?

Yes, they ran my VIN and said there is a service bulletin on this - I was there picking up some parts I ordered and asked them to run my VIN simce I have heard of so many issues on the forum. He said mine only needs this fix and everything else is up to date.

To replace the defective parts, they have to take the rear seat out to get to the panel behind the seat back. He made it sound like it is bad enough that I should do it before it breaks as they have seen quite a few break; can't close it when it breaks. And they have the repair parts in stock. He was pretty clear that I should have them do this before there is an issue. I am having mine fixed tomorrow. I will update with the accurate parts, description, etc. tomorrow.

Update: found another post from Motomedic - Service Update #13318 and they replace the power silding window regulator. Have them check you VIN but most likely needs it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Won_hunglo

Why would the dealer owe you more than the $250??? You don't buy the truck are dealer parts counter marked up price, you buy at the bulk rate build discount price which is what the $250 credit is as well.

To build the truck via the parts department would cost you at least 5x more than the factory price.

I just called the dealer... and yes they said there was an open recall on my truck for the window. Basically they fix it even though it hasn't broke...... yet. Not sure how I feel about them ripping out the back of the truck apart to do it though.

Archived