Rear Slider Window Discontinued?!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking the same... but my question is.... what happens if the window breaks after the standard warranty (36K) is complete ? Will they still fix it since there is a open recall ?

IMHO a recall is a recall and is always valid. Besides, I would think it will break before then if it ever will.

Had this done today at my scheduled appointment and they did a fine job. Although they had to take out the rear seat, it all went back in fine. No rattles or other issues. For me, I would rather take care of this at MY convenience than when it breaks. Stuff like this always happens to me (breaks) when it is not convenient. Left my truck off at dealer this morning and it was ready by mid afternoon. My dealer gives loaners for appointments so this was real easy. From the Service Order: performed recall #13318 for the power sliding rear window. Replaced rear slide door motor with cables and verfify that operates correctly. They only charged 0.8 labor to do the job.

Please see this thread for a pdf of the actual Service Bulletin - it is not a "recall" and it expires with the end of the standard warranty. Dealers are instructed to fix all customer and inventory units affected. Sorry if I used the wrong terminology.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/155337-power-sliding-rear-window/

.I order the slider as part of a package and only order the package for the slider. Received the truck with out the slider but the rest of the package was on the truck. I was a little offended that I was only offered the $250 refund and still charged over $400 for the rest of the package that I didn't even care for. I was offered to order another but I could not wait another 8-9 weeks. I was pretty pissed about the whole deal but what can you do?

I was thinking the same... but my question is.... what happens if the window breaks after the standard warranty (36K) is complete ? Will they still fix it since there is a open recall ?

IMHO a recall is a recall and is always valid. Besides, I would think it will break before then if it ever will.

Recalls are only for safety related items.

Ryan

I wouldn't wait until it breaks to get it fixed. Mine broke in the open position, and closing it manually was tough to say the least. All they have to do to repair it is pull the back seat and remove a cover to install a new regulator, it didn't take too long. It's your call, having a window stuck open in Western PA wasn't an option for me.

My Ram had it and I used it a lot. Never had an issue and it was an 11' year. My current Z71 Silverado has it and I love it too, but I will not buy the 6.2 truck now that I was considering if they don't get this straightened out and back on as an option. I would refuse to sign the papers regardless of what they offered if I ordered my truck and it came in without the window. Heck, I went up to the LTZ trim mainly for the auto dimming rearview mirror and the turn signal indicators in the outside mirrors. GM needs to get this resolved and get another vendor by the time the 15's are ready. Total bull crap. No excuses, just change vendors. Don't discontinue the option, but rather constrain it like everything else seems to be at times. Minor stuff like this can be a deal breaker to other potential buyers, so you never now what this could lead to.

I agree that this could be a deal breaker. It might sound silly but it was important to me to have the sliding rear window. My old truck had it and I used it a lot. I got it on my '14, no problem yet, but it's been cold. My friend bought a Denali the day after I bought my Silverado LZT and he doesn't have the sliding rear window. I didn't spend this kind of dough to lose a feature that I loved on my old truck.

I've got the window, my vehicle was one that needed the new part. Took all of 30 min, had to remove rear seat. I never had an issue with the original actuator, but didn't want to either.

As you can see in the picture, there is an access behind the rear seat for the new part.

regulator_zps0430f68f.jpg

Well, I stopped by the dealer and asked about the Service Bulletin on the rear window. He looked up my vehicle on the computer and apparently my vehicle has the new hardware as my vehicle is not listed as one that is affected by this problem.

When was your vehicle built? I'm just curious as to when the fix was cut in. I have 3 child seats installed in the back and don't want to remove them if I don't have too.

Thanks.

When was your vehicle built? I'm just curious as to when the fix was cut in. I have 3 child seats installed in the back and don't want to remove them if I don't have too.

Thanks.

I don't know about BlaznSaddles, but my build date was Sep 30 and I have the rear slider and Jennifer (GM rep on here) told me my VIN is not affected by the bulletin. I guess my truck was built with the right parts. (Silao plant)

There must have been a small "window" of time where they built as ordered with the new hardware instead of just canceling the slider.

Jeff

Archived