Rear Slider Window Discontinued?!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Denali with a TPW of 12/23 still has it on the build sheet. Just received the VIN today. I'll make sure it's still on there tomorrow.

From what I saw in the ordering guide the Denalis and the High Countries still showed it as standard equipment.

The 10/28/13 update to the ordering guide indicated that they deleted the option for all lower trim trucks. So my take is if you got a Denali or HC you probably will have the slider. If your lower trim truck was built before the week of 10/28 and your trim package originally included it you probably have a slider. After 10/28/13 all bets are off. Case in point my 1LZ truck ordered on 10/22 with the slider but not accepted until 11/06/13 will not be built with it (wasn't on the build sheet) Not that it hurts my feelings any, as I personally prefer the $250 off the price :D

Beautiful truck. Great color! I got my LTZ in September. Built in August. Mine has the slider and going to do the recall after the holidays. No problem with it but dealer service manager checked my VIN and said it needs the fix. They now have the parts in stock and said they are informing all to have the fix applied as needed. Must be pretty serious issues

Can't a guy even work a 12 hour shift to help pay for it...lol

945786_744602698902468_1830383044_n.jpg

and the interior

1489287_744602505569154_1889029152_n.jpg

1471859_744602338902504_1076424389_n.jpg

and from the dealer

601216_744602845569120_453338310_n.jpg

but if it is a gift....why did it come with a payment book?

Ah, Beautiful!! Congrats!

Just came here to report my broken rear sliding window before seeing this.

Opened
and closed my window a week ago when it stopped halfway. I haven't had time to take it to the dealer yet and since it's 0 degrees here in WI I tried to manually close it. This definitely made things worse and it's still forced open 3-4 inches. The motor runs but the actual mechanical piece that gives/spools the wire that ultimately opens/closes the window is definitely physically broken.

Extremely disappointing, but at least it's a known issue and they can't give me any troubles when I bring in a truck with 4,500 miles and a broken mechanical part.

I ordered my truck on 12/6 and the rear slider was available and selected. The order was confirmed on 12/9 and the rear slider was NOT included and the price of the truck was reduced by $250.

When I inquired as to why, I was told that there were known problems with the window unit and that the supplier was not cooperating with GMC to resolve the problem, so they dropped the vendor and discontinued the option until a suitable replacement can be found.

True / false - I don't know, but this is what I was told.

Hey Mudbone,

We have your order number saved in our PM and I will have Jennifer confirm if this will be included on your vehicle when she responds.

Let us know if you have any other questions,

Jonathan A.

GM Customer Care

I ordered my 2014 Sierra Crew Cab the second week in Oct. and it was built the second week of Nov.

It was finally delivered on the 19th of Dec and my sliding rear window had been removed from the build sheet.

Kind of a bummer

I ordered my 2014 Sierra Crew Cab the second week in Oct. and it was built the second week of Nov.

It was finally delivered on the 19th of Dec and my sliding rear window had been removed from the build sheet.

Kind of a bummer

pretty sure of a option I ordered was removed I would be getting a hell of a discount or refusing the truck. Kinda pointless to order a truck and not get it the way you want it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

pretty sure of a option I ordered was removed I would be getting a hell of a discount or refusing the truck. Kinda pointless to order a truck and not get it the way you want it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

They credited the cost and it was only added because it was part of a package so not the end of the world. They offered to try to reorder, but found that they couldn't order the window anyway.

My truck was built the week of 4-8 Nov and has the sliding rear window. I'm taking delivery today if the spray-in bedliner and Undercover Lux painted tonneau are installed this morning as planned.

My dealer sends the trucks to a local truck accessory business for this work. I went by their this weekend because I couldn't wait to see the truck. I verified the window was installed and I spoke to the shop owner pointing out the under rail bed lights and to ensure that I can still use all the tie down points after they sprayed the liner after reading the tips on this site.

Thanks to all that are posting tips!

GMC SLT CC 5.3L 2WD

Preferred Package (had the Sliding Rear Window in it when I ordered)

Archived