Rear Slider Window Discontinued?!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The power sliding rear window (A48) was originally a part of the SLT Crew Cab Plus package and is stated in my brochure. This has been removed from the package (and the package price has not changed) and is now a separate option ont he GM Canada build website as a $275 option.

When I ordered on 03/17 A48 was still part of the SLT Crew Cab Plus package, but my dealer told me there was a restriction in the system, my order sheet had prices for everything but a $TBD next to A48. Well, when the truck was built 04/15 the dealer got the VIN and invoice and on 04/21 told me it was built WITHOUT the sliding rear window despite the fact it was on the order sheet.

I inquired about the fleet order guide indicating the restriction was lifted 03/03 and why it was built without. They told me they had no information on the option being available again until some time after the week of 03/24. I had been in contact with GM Canada customer care since 03/24 trying to find out about the window and they were absolutely useless.

So my truck is on a train somewhere but instead of me taking delivery next week, I had my dealer place a new order with the power sliding rear window which they told me is now available again. Crossing my fingers that it gets built with everything ordered this time as I am now 5-6 weeks behind schedule on my truck and I already sold my Acadia. They will be stuck with two well loaded trucks if the second one comes in wrong too.

• 1 month later...

Archived