The Interior "Snap, Crackle, Pop" Thread

this isnt a promising thread...was hoping GM would of resolved some of the GMT900 problems

Explain. I have not experienced these pops and rattles and other mysterious issues with my 900. Guess if a couple of whiners on a board have issues, then all of the trucks are to be considered junk.

Edited by 2013sierrasle
  • Like 1

What drives me crazy about that sound is that it sounds like a stone hit my windshield which made me paranoid about it. And then it really happened, after one week of owning the truck a stone chipped my windshield :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that noise is coming from rear view mirror area. My truck does

it too and seems like it happens a lot more when it is warmer out. It

used to be at least once a day I would hear it but now that it is winter, not

nearly as frequent. I took it to dealership to get it fixed and they

could not replicate that or the seat issues. Ironically the double cab

2014 rental they gave me make the pop noise too 5+ times while driving

it back to pick up my car.

Edited by sage117

What drives me crazy about that sound is that it sounds like a stone hit my windshield which made me paranoid about it. And then it really happened, after one week of owning the truck a stone chipped my windshield :(

I think that noise is coming from rear view mirror area. My truck does

it too and seems like it happens a lot more when it is warmer out. It

used to be at least once a day I would hear it but now that it is winter, not

nearly as frequent. I took it to dealership to get it fixed and they

could not replicate that or the seat issues. Ironically the double cab

2014 rental they gave me make the pop noise too 5+ times while driving

it back to pick up my car.

You're right, it does happens more when it's warmer outside. Couldn't hear it at all on those cold days

Oh nooooo, the sky is falling because someone's plastic lid made a noise. Geez people, you sound ridiculous.

I'm not defending the earlier guys post about GMT-900 problems, but you've missed the point of this entire forum.

This a place for GM enthusiasts to discuss truck models, trims, accessories, modifications, attributes, etc.. AND problems/issues that may arise. Specifically, this thread is for the identification & resolution of issues relating to unintended interior noises deemed sufficient or important to forum members. Just because it's "ridiculous" to you, doesn't mean it is to everyone.

Your comment not only insults a specific group of members trying to solve issues, but also does NOTHING to add to or enhance this thread & forum.

• Like 6

Oh nooooo, the sky is falling because someone's plastic lid made a noise. Geez people, you sound ridiculous.

No YOU are rediculous. These people spend good money on these trucks that are advertised as "quiet as a luxury SUV" Good for you that yours is, but theirs isn't keep quiet. If you are satisfied living with small issues when you spend that money good for you. That's why GM only does "just enough".......

• Like 1

Hey there everybody,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing these noises in your new trucks! If you need some assistance setting up a dealership visit or would like us to take an extra look into your situation, we would be happy to do so. Please send us a PM including your name, contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership.

We look forward to your replies,

Jonathan A.

GM Customer Care

It's just a case of the speed of sound being faster than the speed of light. Who knew?

Maybe if you had swerved a little when you heard the noise, the rock might have just skimmed past you a week later.

Edited by diannabill
  • Like 1

Update on my rear seat squeak/rattling:

I remember seeing a member state their seat made noise b/c the floor bolts weren't tightened all the way. At the time, I ignored the comment b/c I personally tightened the bolts myself after reinstalling the seat.

Well, yesterday I checked them again and yep, still tight. Frustrated, I yanked on the wrench with two hands and moved the bolt another 1/4 - 1/2 turn. Figured what the hell, and torqued the rest of the floor bolts as if they were lug nuts.

Guess what.... NO SQUEAK NOW! ha

So long story short: torque the crap out of your seat bolts & it might fix any squeaking/rattling noises.

Has anyone found a solution to fixing the common rattle coming from the headliner? Located between the rear of the sunroof and the rear overhead lights. I would rather a DIY fix since my dealer blows. Had my truck last time for 8 days and never even touched it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if its just my over active OCD but i'm seeming to have lots of little rattles;

Rear Window

Driver Side & Passenger Side next to air vents (someone said somewhere if you remove the fuse panel covers there may be a plug of some sort loose in there thats causing the rattle?)

Headliner near sunroof/rear window controls

Headliner between sunroof and dome light

Anyone have some insight to any of these before I start pulling the truck apart lol

FML..

I haven't had the door or headliner rattles, but y'all aren't being paranoid. Take it to the dealer!

As for me, all my interior noise issues have been resolved, either by myself or dealer. Now that it's quiet I can enjoy my loud music! haha

Have had an annoying rattle round on the slightest bumps that I can't pin point on my crew cab 2014. I too have the popping noise on my driver seat when I get off and on the seat. When I push on the seat I hear the piping sound of like a crushing plastic bottle. One day I'll take it back In on my next oil change and let them play with it for awhile. Not to mention my eject button on my CD player doesn't work at all nor does it recognize the cd that is stuck in there.

My truck has now been at the shop for a week. They are trying to find the rattle in the dash. Sounds like it's coming around where the 2 dash pieces meet around the little sensor bulb. Spoke with service today and they now have the dash disassembled and removed for the THIRD time trying to locate it. They feel they may have found it, hopefully they say. They have tried all sorts of foam and rubber shims and are now bringing in some little microphones to try to isolate the rattle. They certainly hear it and agree that something is causing this bad rattle /knock sound. 2 techs and the shop foreman are working on it with no success yet. Disappointed I will now have a truck that has had the dash and interior disassembled 3 times before it even hits 3,000 miles. I think try should just keep it and give me another. Advice anyone?