Recirculate cabin air

This could have something to do with a poorly made door flap or the door actuator not performing a full sweep when commanded. Perhaps some air leakage past the recirculating door?

Edited by pm26

Enthusiast, What do you mean by monitoring? I have brought up the idea to them to use a smoke test and they stared at me like a dear in the headlights.

Who is "ethusiast"? (the real screen name is in blue letters in the left upper corner).

Edited by pm26

Sduff, What do you mean by monitoring?

take2. I would like to answer your question but I not sure what you are asking. I went back and look at all of my posts but I don't see anything that I have said about 'monitoring' other than mentioning the GM Customer Service 'Monitor' in this Forum. Can you help me out here....

Steve

Hopefullly we will be getting to the bottom of this issue. With the help of our GM Customer Service Monitor my truck is scheduled next wednesday (12 Feb14) at 0900. Evidently GM will be involved in diagnosing the problem. I already told the service technician that called to set up the appointment that they will need to do some real world testing and not just let it set in the service bay. He mentioned something about a 'smoke' test....this should be interesting. I will let you know what the results are after I get back on Weds.... Get the popcorn ready!!!

Well the results are in and I couldn't believe what I was being told....I have attached the write-up so you can read it for your self....You may not want to have a truck like this if you live in areas that have tunnels. I was in Virginia for a while and they would have accidents that would close down the tunnels. I guess you would die of carbon monixide posioning sinse you can't keep the outside air out...Happy reading. I can't begin express how disappointed I am in the poor design of this expensive product.

post-126349-0-34657400-1392242916_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I just got off the phone with customer service. So I have all my issues documented at least. Skunkstripe, I'm going to be asking the service manager when I finally get it in, where exactly the air comes from, so I can plug it off some how.

Edit: @ Mike.... Yes I'm in a cold place. Isn't Michigan cold? Are you not noticing this problem? The windows on this truck fog up more than any truck I've owned anyway.

Edited by VMaxtastic
  • Like 1

I just got off the phone with customer service. So I have all my issues documented at least. Skunkstripe, I'm going to be asking the service manager when I finally get it in, where exactly the air comes from, so I can plug it off some how.

Edit: @ Mike.... Yes I'm in a cold place. Isn't Michigan cold? Are you not noticing this problem? The windows on this truck fog up more than any truck I've owned anyway.

This iceberg is absolutely cold. :lol: I have a 2011 and honestly I can't say I frequently use recirc but if I get behind a smoky truck I do switch it and it seems to work ok.

• Like 2

The air is coming in from the outside at the bottom of the windshield below the wipers. There are vents there and when the smoke was introduced into that area it began to fill up the cabin with the smoke. Now I wasn't there to see it, this is what the Service Tech told me. And I don't believe they traced it to see exactly how it was getting into the cabin. They then called GM and was told this is 'Normal'....I guess we sure wasted a lot of time here with this since it is 'NORMAL'. I love my truck but this will take some getting use to since there doesn't seem to be any interest in fixing the 'Normal' problem. They must think we are all stupid or something, going to sleep.....i've been driving for over 40 years and that's never made me feel like going to sleep...if you wanted some fresh air you cracked the window a little bit. What a joke!

Edited by sduff
  • Like 1

Gm called and said they may have a fix for us...They said when the vents close they still stay open about 10% (WOW). Anyway they said they can reprogram the onboard computer and change the level of closure. I will be doing it this weekend! I hope it works.

• Like 3

Yes I think its due to the windshield being slanted more on the 14's and the defrost is too far back. I can't even keep the wiper thawed.

Gm called and said they may have a fix for us...They said when the vents close they still stay open about 10% (WOW). Anyway they said they can reprogram the onboard computer and change the level of closure. I will be doing it this weekend! I hope it works.

Keep us posted! Thanks for mentioning this!