2014 5.3 torque/hp/rpm chart

New2GMC

WOW!!! That is some chart. I'm guessing the ecoboost is a ford engine?

It looks like the 5.3 has plenty of torque.

I guess it isn't fair and probably done intentionally not having a gas and HP grid on the chart.

Otherwise Ford would have put it on if it showed the ecoboost was superior.

I like how the GM 5.3 has more torque than the Ford 6.2 below 4000 RPM. It may not win a drag race but it's probably as good or better for most towing.

As much as I don't like them, the ecoboost is pretty impressive. It's too bad the GM 6.2 isn't on that chart though.

I like how the GM 5.3 has more torque than the Ford 6.2 below 4000 RPM. It may not win a drag race but it's probably as good or better for most towing.

As much as I don't like them, the ecoboost is pretty impressive. It's too bad the GM 6.2 isn't on that chart though.

40 years ago I could have told you what engine was in a car ,the hp year model etc at a glance.

I didn't know ford and gm both made a 6.2 lol

How many cubic inches is that?

• Ford 6.2 (379) CID
  • Optional on F-150 Lariat and Platinum
  • Standard on Ford Harley-Davidson™, Lariat Limited and SVT Raptor
  • Standard on F-250/F-350 Super Duty**® Pickups and F-350 Super Duty Chassis Cabs
  • 6-speed automatic transmission is standard
  • Specifications:

Type 8-cylinder, Single Overhead Cam, 16-valve Displacement 6.2L (379 CID) Horsepower (SAE net) 411 @ 5500 rpm (F-150)

385 @ 5500 rpm (Super Duty <10K GVWR)

316 @ 4179 rpm (Super Duty >10K GVWR)

Torque

434 @ 4500 rpm (F-150)

405 @ 4500 rpm (Super Duty <10K GVWR)

397 @ 4179 rpm (Super Duty >10K GVWR)

Compression Ratio

9.8:1 Bore and Stroke (in.) 4.0 x 3.7 Engine Block Material Cast iron Cylinder Head Material Aluminum Main Bearings 5 Valve Lifters Hydraulic Lash Adjusters Fuel Delivery Sequential Multi-port Electronic Fuel Injection Fuel (minimum) 87-octane Regular Unleaded (F-150)

87-octane Regular Unleaded/E85 (Super Duty)

• Ford 6.2 (379) CID
  • Optional on F-150 Lariat and Platinum
  • Standard on Ford Harley-Davidson™, Lariat Limited and SVT Raptor
  • Standard on F-250/F-350 Super Duty**® Pickups and F-350 Super Duty Chassis Cabs
  • 6-speed automatic transmission is standard
  • Specifications:

Type 8-cylinder, Single Overhead Cam, 16-valve Displacement 6.2L (379 CID) Horsepower (SAE net) 411 @ 5500 rpm (F-150)

385 @ 5500 rpm (Super Duty <10K GVWR)

316 @ 4179 rpm (Super Duty >10K GVWR)

Torque

434 @ 4500 rpm (F-150)

405 @ 4500 rpm (Super Duty <10K GVWR)

397 @ 4179 rpm (Super Duty >10K GVWR)

Compression Ratio

9.8:1 Bore and Stroke (in.) 4.0 x 3.7 Engine Block Material Cast iron Cylinder Head Material Aluminum Main Bearings 5 Valve Lifters Hydraulic Lash Adjusters Fuel Delivery Sequential Multi-port Electronic Fuel Injection Fuel (minimum) 87-octane Regular Unleaded (F-150)

87-octane Regular Unleaded/E85 (Super Duty)

I never hit rpms like that. Probably did when I was a kid. :) That is why I like charts. I can look at the torque, HP and fuel usage where I use the engine. I would imagine , most people don't use those rpms///too often.

I never hit rpms like that. Probably did when I was a kid. :) That is why I like charts. I can look at the torque, HP and fuel usage where I use the engine. I would imagine , most people don't use those rpms///too often.

Yep, that's where the new GM engines shine.

Here is the Ford engine torque chart with the GM 5.3 grafted in.

WARNING* This chart is wrong for both the 5.0 & 6.2 but not Ecoboost or 5.3 Readers do your own due diligence on Ford gas torque curves and you will find a very similar looking chart but much different numbers. This is 2nd time this manipulated chart has shown up on a GM forum to my knowledge. A 5.3 just does'nt make 100lbs more torque at 2000 rpm than a 5.0 Ford. Do not be naive!

WARNING* This chart is wrong for both the 5.0 & 6.2 but not Ecoboost or 5.3 Readers do your own due diligence on Ford gas torque curves and you will find a very similar looking chart but much different numbers. This is 2nd time this manipulated chart has shown up on a GM forum to my knowledge. A 5.3 just does'nt make 100lbs more torque at 2000 rpm than a 5.0 Ford. Do not be naive!

OK, ... here is a link to pickup trucks dot com dyno test results. actually, the chart on this page seems to be generous for the 5.0 and the ecoboost.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/04/how-we-dyno-tested-fords-3-5-liter-ecoboost-v6-and-5-0-liter-v8-engines.html

OK, ... here is a link to pickup trucks dot com dyno test results. actually, the chart on this page seems to be generous for the 5.0 and the ecoboost.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/04/how-we-dyno-tested-fords-3-5-liter-ecoboost-v6-and-5-0-liter-v8-engines.html

Thank you. Bogeypro I'm glad an independent member got the proper dyno. The proper dyno being the bottom chart on your link showing the SAE net figures rather the first ones that are rear dyno. The improper chart submitted by Super8 above was also a SAE net with the 5.0 and 6.2 improperly overlayed. As I suggested there was no way the 5.3 had 100 lbs more torque than a 5.0 at 2000 rpm. The 5.3 does have a nice advantage though off idle and all the way through 3500 rpm, just where you want it most.

You suggest that the figures seem generous for the Ford's ? I think they are legitimate SAE torque curves. BTW I do believe the 5.3 overlay on Super 8's original graph are pretty much dead on to GM's SAE net figures, it's just that the 5.0 & 6.2 Ford's have been incorrectly moved down to suggest a huge disparity that is not true. A Ford 6.2 has more torque than a GM 5.3 full stop at any point, vs a new GM 6.2 now that's a different story.

Archived