Halogen & LED Headlight Bulb Upgrades

Yeah plug and play and I was able to tuck all wires inside the light and the cap went back on without any problems. ill try to post a pic tomorrow how everything fits inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aren't those around $130?

119 but I got a discount when I bought mine

9uta3yma.jpg

Any input on if they throw any codes for you? I've heard this could be an issue....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

If you're truck has projector headlights hids might work better for you, I went with LEDs cause my truck is not equipped with projector headlights.

I didn't think any of the SLT's or Sierras in general had projector headlights.Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Only lower trim Silverado's don't have projectors... the rest of GM trucks do. Read the first post in the HID topic for more info: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/152762-hid-headlight-bulbs-hid-projector-retrofit/

I’ve been seeing Putco 9012 / 4400K vs the 4000k that everyone appears to have used. IE:

http://www.carid.com/universal-bulbs/putco-halogen-lighting-12881498.html

If my research is correct, then the 4400k might appear bluer in color compared to the 4000K ones – but at the expense of some brightness. Has anyone tried the 4400K Putcos?

I ordered a set of Philips 9011 bulbs for my 2014 GMC. If they fix the issue, I'll buy a 5 year supply. I figure they are worth about a year of use. I did a H11 to H9 conversion on my 2008 Silverado. I seem to go thru them about once a year. But they do a great job on dark highways.

Isriam, did you say you hated the Putco bulbs? Same brightness, better color.. I'm confused.

I'm wanting to swap out my stock bulbs for something not so yellow. I'm too scared to go messing with HID's yet.

Same here.

Iâve been seeing Putco 9012 / 4400K vs the 4000k that everyone appears to have used. IE: http://www.carid.com/universal-bulbs/putco-halogen-lighting-12881498.htmlIf my research is correct, then the 4400k might appear bluer in color compared to the 4000K ones â but at the expense of some brightness. Has anyone tried the 4400K Putcos?
"Nitro Blue"? Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
I ordered a set of Philips 9011 bulbs for my 2014 GMC. If they fix the issue, I'll buy a 5 year supply. I figure they are worth about a year of use. I did a H11 to H9 conversion on my 2008 Silverado. I seem to go thru them about once a year. But they do a great job on dark highways.
Let us know the results.Sent from my DROID RAZR HD Edited by Aaron1085

i purchased and used putco 9012 4000K bulbs and they are white like the led's. same light output, better color. anything around 4000k is gonna be fine, i wouldn't go to 5000k though.

yes i did hate them when i installed them because they were so dim. i put the stock bulbs back in, and the stock bulbs are just as terrible. it was simply my imagination since i rarely drive my truck at night anway.

Edited by Isriam
  • Like 1

i purchased and used putco 9012 4000K bulbs and they are white like the led's. same light output, better color. anything around 4000k is gonna be fine, i wouldn't go to 5000k though.

yes i did hate them when i installed them because they were so dim. i put the stock bulbs back in, and the stock bulbs are just as terrible. it was simply my imagination since i rarely drive my truck at night anway.

perfect, where'd you get them and $$?