Halogen & LED Headlight Bulb Upgrades

I have the silverado non projection and decided to take a chance on the vleds h11 for the low beam headlights, install was easy and all the wires fit inside the cap didn't have to drill holes for the wires so far very happy with the results here's a couple of pics

I bought a set and, while they wouldn't work in my projectors, you could tell they'd be sweet in traditional reflector headlights. They are really nice lights!

You have a link to the ones you purchased?

What is your current setup for headlights? Fog lights?

He and I both purchased VLED's CXA-series LED headlights: http://www.vleds.com/headlights/led-headlights.html

The H11 & 9006 LED's don't work correctly in projector housings (GMC or Chevy LTZ) but the H11 LED's do work well in traditional reflector housings (Chevy LT & WT).

VLED's 9005 CXA LED's can be used on any Silverado to replace the brights. Only question would be (and I don't know the answer) do the Silverado's low beams stay on when you hit the highs?? If they don't, replacing low & high beams with VLED's CXA-series would be pointless, since hitting the highs would simply switch from the 2000 lumen H11 bulbs to the 2000 lumen 9005 bulbs. It'll only be worth it if lows stay on with the high beams.

Edited by MotoMedic

You have a link to the ones you purchased?

What is your current setup for headlights? Fog lights?

http://www.vleds.com/bulb-type/headlights/led/h11-5k-cxa.html

Those are the ones I purchased I'm keeping my factory high beams until I feel that the new LEDs are reliable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by 2014blacksinglecab

I am looking into getting the VLED H11 bulbs as well. I see that have a fan attached to them. Does anyone think there could be an overheat issue considering the new headlight assemblies are "sealed" with the cover on the back?

I am looking into getting the VLED H11 bulbs as well. I see that have a fan attached to them. Does anyone think there could be an overheat issue considering the new headlight assemblies are "sealed" with the cover on the back?

Leds burn much cooler than halogen, hopefully there's enough air trapped inside the light for the small fan to circulate. Mine have been working fine for a few days. Here is a couple of pics they baerly fit inside

uva4age3.jpgudyge2u4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply 2014blacksinglecab! I see you are in Houston so it gets way hotter than it does here in upstate NY during the one month of summer we get ha! I like these bulbs and don't mind spending the extra $ compared to others but I certainly don't want to have to replace these on a regular basis from them overheating.

Thanks for the reply 2014blacksinglecab! I see you are in Houston so it gets way hotter than it does here in upstate NY during the one month of summer we get ha! I like these bulbs and don't mind spending the extra $ compared to others but I certainly don't want to have to replace these on a regular basis from them overheating.

im with you on not wanting to replace if they burn up, I figured if they make it thru the summer im good. haha.

cool post pictures when you get them installed. for my 921 s i went with the ebay ones 6k i think it was like 35dls for 4.

I've been thumbing through these threads for a few months now and I remember MotoMedic posted somewhere that the VLED 921's seemed to work the best for the reverse bulbs due to the new design of the taillight housing. If I remember correctly he posted some pics and these bulbs seemed to minimize the "zebra" effect the most out of all the ones he tried.

I've been thumbing through these threads for a few months now and I remember MotoMedic posted somewhere that the VLED 921's seemed to work the best for the reverse bulbs due to the new design of the taillight housing. If I remember correctly he posted some pics and these bulbs seemed to minimize the "zebra" effect the most out of all the ones he tried.

Yep.... but there might be a better option now. Couple guys bought 921 LEDs that technically should be brighter but we're still waiting to see pics.

You can find out more in the LED 921 Reverse Bulbs topic here: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153101-led-921-reverse-cargo-bulbs/

Yep.... but there might be a better option now. Couple guys bought 921 LEDs that technically should be brighter but we're still waiting to see pics.

You can find out more in the LED 921 Reverse Bulbs topic here: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153101-led-921-reverse-cargo-bulbs/

Thanks for the info, I'll have to go through that thread. Also, you mentioned earlier about being unsure if the low's stay on with the high's on the Silverado and for future reference they do. I think I will see how well the H11's work out before I spend the $ for the high beams.