Halogen & LED Headlight Bulb Upgrades

Did you ever figure out what bulb for the headlights to use?

I got Putco 4000K in right now but I think that the 6000k would be a good match. I'll probably be buying those for the low beams in the near future.

I got Putco 4000K in right now but I think that the 6000k would be a good match. I'll probably be buying those for the low beams in the near future.

Is the 4000k you have in your headlights now even a close match to the 6000K fogs? Or is it an obvious difference?

Kind of hard to tell with the projector. But here is a daylight shot.

In this pic it definitely looks to be different. It looks like your 6000K would match my DRL's better. Thanks for the pics.

Has anyone with a 2014 GMC used the putco 4000k lights? Did they match your DRL's better then stock?

Just for clarification the fogs are 6000k and the low beams are 4000k in my pic.

What bulbs did you use for your headlights? I doubt they are the same for my sierra, but I had an accessory store order me some putcos and they sent me the H11, well they didnt fit. Should I have received the 9006 or 9012?

What bulbs did you use for your headlights? I doubt they are the same for my sierra, but I had an accessory store order me some putcos and they sent me the H11, well they didnt fit. Should I have received the 9006 or 9012?

looks to be a 9012

Silverado = H11

Sierra = 9012

Installed the kit about 2 weeks ago and there have been issues. Firstly (and not a big deal) but the capacitor in the Morimoto harness needed to be flipped to stop the buzzing relay. Then 2 days later I blew a fuse. Then last night I started the truck and the fuse went again, I replaced the fuse and it blew again. I drove home with my led fog lamps... Not very happy but more than anything not very confident with the HID and ballast option the aftermarket setup offers. About an hour ago purchased LED bulbs from VLED which claim to be good for projectors:

http://www.vleds.com/9006-vx3.html

They will be here this week. 3000lm rating...

Will post some pictures

So I originally went with the Putco 9006 6000K LEDS, even though all I heard was bad things about LEDs in the Sierra. I knew I'd be able to return them if I didn't like them as I bought them from an accessory store that my cousin is store manager of. And of course, as I read in this forum (why would I even try, when the awesome people of this forum recommended against it) they were absolutely terrible. Not only were they no where bright enough, when you looked at the headlight it looked almost as if there wasn't even a light on. So even though they weren't yellow like standard bulbs, you couldn't tell what color they were because you couldn't see chit! lol

I'm not ready to jump to the HID's (even more so after reading about svltrack's issues with the Mormoto's) so I decided to go with the GE Nighthawk Sport 9005 (simple mod to make fit) to get the cleaner white look I'm looking for. I don't expect to lose any light output and just hope for the "white" look. Anyone have some experience with these?

I just picked up a pair of these Cree LED bulbs and can't get the dust caps back on... Can this be done by removing the headlight housing from the truck? I really think the dust caps are necessary where I live...

Anyone try this? I am scratching my head as to how to remove the headlights...

I trimmed(very simple) a 9006 Siverstar to test last night, bulb seemed much dimmer than stock.

I tried the SilverStars also... Was disappointed as I seen no difference from stock bulbs... I have received some mailing recently that Sylvania Ostram had a lawsuit pending; something about products not living up to their claims.

http://www.law360.com/articles/273823/sylvania-misrepresented-silverstar-headlights-suit

Ok maybe I have missed this as it was already discussed in this section. I have on my silverado the Anzo headlights. The U-bar ones. I just ordered a 30" LED light bar and have it mounted behind the grill. The color temp is 6000k. After turning that on with my headlights I am disappointed with how hello they look. I would like to upgrade my bulbs to somethkng with a better color matching. They don't necessarily have to be brighter. Just matching. Can someone help me with this?