Halogen & LED Headlight Bulb Upgrades

Does anyone know, will the DRL's still work With Led headlights on a 2014 Silverado?

They do, at least with LMZ bulbs.

What I have found, however, is that if you look closely enough, you can see the light flickering very slightly.

I'm not sure if this is normal (LEDs do have a refresh rate) or if it's because my truck never had the service bulletin that increases headlight voltage done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2014 Silverado LTZ and looking to do the LED headlight upgrade on my low beams. What is the general consensus with the XD LED's, do I need to get the CANbus or will they work without them?

I used the CANBUS and have not had any problems with space/flickering.

I've heard other members not using them, but I figured i'd rather be safe then sorry.

I used the CANBUS and have not had any problems with space/flickering.

I've heard other members not using them, but I figured i'd rather be safe then sorry.

Where did you order yours from? And what temp are yours? Or is there only one option?

Where did you order yours from? And what temp are yours? Or is there only one option?

Ordered mine off of Xenon Depot, believe they're in Canada - only one option for the H11 LED. It's a true LED w/ 2 diodes and aluminum/copper mesh to dissipate heat (no fans).

I can send pics if anyone needs, just shoot me a pm.

Ordered mine off of Xenon Depot, believe they're in Canada - only one option for the H11 LED. It's a true LED w/ 2 diodes and aluminum/copper mesh to dissipate heat (no fans).

Looking at this option since it includes fog also. I don't know how it will look with reflectors tho

http://www.xenondepot.com/H11-LED-headlight-kit-p/h11-led-hl.htm

Looking at this option since it includes fog also. I don't know how it will look with reflectors tho

Yes, that's exactly what I purchased.

Mines on the projectors, not reflectors. I'm sure it would scatter too much light if reflecting.

Yes, that's exactly what I purchased.

Mines on the projectors, not reflectors. I'm sure it would scatter too much light if reflecting.

Did you do fog lights also? That order looked like it included fog lights

Did you do fog lights also? That order looked like it included fog lights

Yes sir, just the standard fog bulb that looks close to LED color. Not LED diodes for fogs in that kit.

I keep all my spare bulbs in the glove compartment just in case.

I'll make sure to include those fogs in the e-mail!

I had a chance to drive a 2016 GMC while my 2015 GMC was in for warranty work. They gave me a 2016 loaner. I have the XD LED bulbs in h/lamp and fog lamps. I actually think my truck with XD bulbs are a little better than the 2016 stock. When you have just the headlamps on they are both about the same. When you turn on the fogs in the 2016 you can barely tell they came on. In my opinion the XD bulbs are a little better than the stock led on 2016.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Recently purchased a 2014 Silverado LT with the stock reflector styled headlights and I'm looking to upgrade my lighting, specifically by switching out the bulbs. I've seen posts about the Sylvanias (Silverstar/Ultra) and a few others. Wondering what the best option for me is. Looking for a as close to "white" look, while retaining, if not improving, vision. Thanks!

.I'm using these Hellas and the same in the 9005 for the high beams.They are very bright and very white not yellow at all.Mine have been in for over a year and still going strong.I used to use the silver star zxe bulbs but they never lasted more than a year.I did come up one full turn on my adjusters and now they're perfect.I drive 40 miles each way for work usually in the dark in an area infested with deer,except when I'm hunting then they're extinct!I would definitely buy these again. s-l500.jpg

Edited by 1911-A1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

First post. I've been reading a lot about options for the crap headlights on my '14 Sierra SLE. I tried an LED bulb from ledheadlightspro and was very disappointed. First, the bulb is not anywhere close to the configuration shown on the website... instead of the two Cree-style LED's there are 12 small LEDs on 4 sides. They are situated around a central shaft about 1/2" in diameter. This means that they are very far away from the location of the stock halogen filament. Second, while near distance and side distance lighting is improved, there a fuzzy cutoff line and very poor distance. Having brighter light only to lose distance is bad... Effectively, the new bulb is out of focus in the projector.

I've ordered a set of Xenondepot bulbs to replace the ones from ledheadlightspro.

While I'm waiting for them, I'm getting a set of Rigid DOT-approved fog lights installed. My SLE didn't come with factory fogs, so I also had to order the correct light bezels to replace the blanks in my truck. (part numbers 22902334 and 22902335). Without the correct bezels, the mounting kit from Rigid won't work.

Hopefully this (mostly) street legal combination will work.

Edited by electroflier
  • Like 1

Hey guys,

Recently purchased a 2014 Silverado LT with the stock reflector styled headlights and I'm looking to upgrade my lighting, specifically by switching out the bulbs. I've seen posts about the Sylvanias (Silverstar/Ultra) and a few others. Wondering what the best option for me is. Looking for a as close to "white" look, while retaining, if not improving, vision. Thanks!

Stay with a halogen bulb. If you want HID/LED, you will have to upgrade the headlights them selves. If you are just wanting a little whiter look then the Silverstar type bulbs would be great.

Tyler

I'm not sure whether this has been answered yet but has anyone tracked down the OEM LED bulb from the 2016 Sierra and tried them in a 2014/15? I had a 2016 as an overnight loaner and the headlights were not bad. I'm not sure whether this was because of the bulbs themselves or whether there has been some change to the design of the projector itself.

• Like 1