Halogen & LED Headlight Bulb Upgrades

Anyone running LED bulbs in their Sierra or Silverado and experienced any issues due to the bulbs operating at less voltage for the DRL function?

I was on the GEN5DIY site and came across a harness that is recommended to be used if using LED or HID bulbs.

On a non-SLT Sierra, are the low beam lights actually operating at a lower voltage as a DRL?

• 4 weeks later...

I need some advice. I want to see what others thoughts are on this. This week I am probably going to order the TRS package for my 2015 GMC SLT. It would me the Morimoto HIDs (35 watt 4500k) with the XB LED fog light replacements. But before I do, what are your thoughts on the XBs being to bright? I like to run my fog lights during the morning and late evenings but want it to look good not to bright. Should I just order the VLEDs for fogs and Morimoto HIDs for the headlights or order the whole package, being the TRS setup.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Any upgrades for the 2016 Sierra fogs? I had Rigids in my 2014 and loved them. I really miss them too! Thanks

Cheers

The Whaler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if they fit a sierra but I put dd xml2 LEDs in my fogs. Actually a lot more light. I switched out my hl from a h11 to h9 and then added the xml2 to the fogs. I feel like the sun came out compared to stock

Well just looked to see what those take and they are LEDs already ....lol disregard

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edited by Jeff5347

Just glanced through the thread and saw this BPS LED conversion kit. Sierra Jon please update ASAP. I am ready to order the kit if it works.

OK never mind I fixed my 2014 GMC SLT headlight problem permanently. I traded for a 2016 Denali with LEDs, these headlights literally kick arse, all good now but my wallet feels REALLY light LOL.....

OK never mind I fixed my 2014 GMC SLT headlight problem permanently. I traded for a 2016 Denali with LEDs, these headlights literally kick arse, all good now but my wallet feels REALLY light LOL.....

I did the exact same thing. New Denali Ultimate . Yes the lights are good. However, I had Rigids in my fogs in my 2014. I really miss those.

Cheers

The Whaler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been tempted to trade for a '16, but the Morimoto's I installed kick absolute a$$ with the 55 watt ballasts, so I'm good until next year when the next gen trucks are announced (mid-2018 as a '19. I'd put money on it).

I love everything else about my truck (except the rear a/c vents. They barely work at all...) I told myself I would NOT trade for another truck that didn't have rear vents. I know, old/silly argument, but it bugs the crap out of me. And I still can't stomach the look of the new Fords, so I wait...

In the meantime, I think I'll spend the extra money I'd pi$$ away on a new/same truck with better headlights on a boat! "Hey ya'll look, I'm on a boat!"