Halogen & LED Headlight Bulb Upgrades

6b802afd384923b2e800b3ff388d529a.jpg

Hard to tell in the pictures... It looks great in person. The front end in general just looks "current" without the halogen bulbs/color.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

We need some better pics. I can't find your previous posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I might give the bps kit a shot. I ran the vled lmz led kit for right at 2 years with no issues, then out of the blue the driver bulb went out.

Turns out one of the wires running out the bulb had been pinched in there and came loose. The other bulb still runs fine.

Something you all may want to consider when stuffing ballasts and all around the projector.

I ran these with the extended caps Jon made me the entire time as well, so there was plenty of room.

Anyone have experience with both the vled and bps bulbs for a comparison?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SkeeterMcSkeet

So Merry Christmas All, the other question i have is amongst all the talk of led's here, is anyone using /tried the Morimoto 2 stroke led's on their truck yet?

I assume your talking about for the GMC where it's a single bulb installation?

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone has had an experiences with these?

https://www.carid.com/2015-chevy-silverado-led-lights/lumen-led-headlight-conversion-kit-219224523.html

Quick takeaway:

Light Intensity: 6500lm, per two bulbs

Color Temperature: 6500K
Power: 72 Watts, 36W per bulb
LEDs: Cree XHP50
Voltage: DC12V-24V
Current: 3.0A±0.2A
Beam Angle: 360º
Polarized: No
Warranty: 5-years
I'm attracted to the 5 year warranty.
I drive a 2015 Silverado with reflector housings.
Thanks,
-Ryan

• 3 weeks later...

It's page 66/67. There's multiple posts so I can't copy them all.

Bottom line is that the BPS perform light years better than the stock projectors (pun intended) but light dispersion is not as good as HID. The polarity needs to be reversed on the bulb side of the CANBUS. With some patience the harness and CANBUS all fit inside the housing behind the dust cover. And lastly, take the time to do trial and error on bulb orientation. It's close to 3 and 9 but if I remember correctly I kept adjusting slightly. Color says 6500k but it matches my 5500k LED fogs very well. It's been several months now though with excellent headlights, so I'm happy.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have projector headlights. Does the bps lighting g8 have to be positioned at 3 and 9? Did manufacture recommend this? They don't come that way straight out the box so I have adjusted drivers side to 3 and 9 but passenger is about 11 and 5 and can't tell a difference. Trying to decide if I need to pull them out and adjust again thanks..Still trying to decide on the dust covers may just drill them out for the wires to pull through

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed a set of Xtreme LED headlight bulbs and was not happy with the output. The bulbs had a large dark spot that you could see on the headlight lens. They didn't have near the distance of the halogen bulb. I'm currently working with them to exchange for HIDs

Edited by Team_arctic68

Hello all. I am new to the forum, in fact this is my first post. After owning my 2015 GMC Sierra SLE for not even a week now the first thing I noticed was how much the headlights left to be desired. I also don't care for the fact that the DRL, low beam and high beam all share the same bulb. I like the look of the SLT's with the separate LED DRL light bar, so much though that I am contemplating replacing the entire headlight assembly with one like this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2016-GMC-Sierra-1500-2500-HD-3500-HD-CCFL-Tube-Projector-Headlights-Set-/131907033707?hash=item1eb6459a6b:g:-jMAAOSwaB5Xrk~Q&vxp=mtr. My question is since it's still a projector headlight can I simply replace the existing bulb with a LED bulb from BPS or xenon depot as has been discussed throughout this thread?

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to grinding off most of the flare from the BPS bulbs (see my post #674). I've only done one side so far and ended up with some unexpected results. The grinding off does reduce the inverted "V" light and dark pattern a fair bit (it's still there), but somewhat surprisingly, the headlights have become MUCH brighter. It seems that the flare was really blocking some of the light output. The modified BPS bulbs more closely resemble the ones from Xenondepot (which have not flare at all). I'm going to get some pictures before I grind off the other one.

anyone else tried this or any updates? I've put the G7 bulbs in my 15 Sierra SLE as well and while they are way better than stock, I'm still not completely happy with them on a dark, rainy night as far as distance and brightness goes. I haven't changed my fog lights from stock though either - thinking XB LED for those if I change them.

anyone else tried this or any updates? I've put the G7 bulbs in my 15 Sierra SLE as well and while they are way better than stock, I'm still not completely happy with them on a dark, rainy night as far as distance and brightness goes. I haven't changed my fog lights from stock though either - thinking XB LED for those if I change them.

I tried to get in contact with Electroflier vie pm quite a while ago to see what the outcome was with the grinding of the flare, but never got a response-haven't seen any recent posts from him. At the time of his post he had only done one bulb I believe and was going to follow up when he had the other one done to let us know the results.

The only reason I see for the flare is if used in a non-projector style headlamp. For our Sierra it would make sense that the flare is obstructing the light as Electroflier has mentioned.

I have a G7 kit that I have yet to install and was also thinking to grind off the flare to take advantage of all the output that may be available.

I can't see any harm by removing the flare for use in the Sierra.

Edited by Shredzy

I tried to get in contact with Electroflier vie pm quite a while ago to see what the outcome was with the grinding of the flare, but never got a response-haven't seen any recent posts from him. At the time of his post he had only done one bulb I believe and was going to follow up when he had the other one done to let us know the results.

The only reason I see for the flare is if used in a non-projector style headlamp. For our Sierra it would make sense that the flare is obstructing the light as Electroflier has mentioned.

I have a G7 kit that I have yet to install and was also thinking to grind off the flare to take advantage of all the output that may be available.

I can't see any harm by removing the flare for use in the Sierra.

I think you're right on that with the flare being there for non-projectors. They leave a fairly substantial 'T' shaped shadow on the outer lenses of our trucks. Most of the time I'm happy with them, it's just those dark rainy nights that really suck up your light output that I'm not totally satisfied with.

Edited by FarmKid92
  • Like 1