Halogen & LED Headlight Bulb Upgrades

9006 halogen 55 watt bulb ≈ 1000 lumen

H11 halogen 55 watt ≈ 1350 lumen

9005 halogen 65 watt bulb 1600 lumen

9012 HIR 55/60 watt bulbs ≈ 1700 lumen

9011 HIR 65 watt bulb ≈ 2300 lumen

(halogen bulbs are 3200K - 3400K temp color)

HID 35 watt bulb 3200 lumen

Any "white" bulb will be the same as stock bulb, but have special coatings applied to the glass. These bulbs do not improve the performance/brightness/output... instead, they either reduce output or leave it relatively unchanged. Because they're whiter in color, they may appear to some to be brighter, but in reality they are equal at best.

The Putco's and other brands will give you whiter headlights, but not brighter. So far, the only way to increase output/brightness is to switch to HID bulbs.

Edited by MotoMedic

I installed the Putco 9012 bulbs in mirror white and the're definitely whiter than stock bulbs and look way better, brightness is the same as stock though, but for $22 it was worth it to get rid of the yellowish tint of stock bulbs.

• Like 1

Have no solution. but driving a '14 SLE loaner on my two lane dark country road tonight and these lights are a hazard at best and more towards life or deer threating. My 900 SLT lows have always been short on reaching down the road but the highs look like landing lights. Not so on this SLE '14. Lows are weak and the highs are totally useless. Highs light up the tree tops somewhat but even that is dim. Have to agree these lights are not even close to my 900 SLT lights. Strange. I even washed the lights to make sure that was not an issue.

I have the Silverado non projection and decided to take a chance on the VLEDs H11 for the low beam headlights. The install was easy and all the wires fit inside the cap didn't have to drill holes for the wires. So far I'm very happy with the results here's a couple of pics:

me9e6e8a.jpg3ybyne9u.jpg

Edited by MotoMedic
Corrected picture alignment
  • Like 2

I have the silverado non projection and decided to take a chance on the vleds h11 for the low beam headlights, install was easy and all the wires fit inside the cap didn't have to drill holes for the wires so far very happy with the results here's a couple of pics Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it could be the camera but those lights seem pretty bright... can you notice any difference in the light output? is the color of the lights the same as lets say the led on my sierra DRL's or the leds inside of the cab? I might have to try these bad boys out on my sierra.

Edited by MotoMedic

There's another side maybe you can see the color a lilttle better comparing it to the yellow high beamshone using Tapatalk

those looks awesome, I just looked on vleds website and they are out of stock for the 9006 bulbs... so these were plug and play right? you didn't have to run wires from the battery and what not like HID's? thanks for posting pics by the way.

Edited by MotoMedic

I have the silverado non projection and decided to take a chance on the vleds h11 for the low beam headlights, install was easy and all the wires fit inside the cap didn't have to drill holes for the wires so far very happy with the results here's a couple of pics

I bought a set and, while they wouldn't work in my projectors, you could tell they'd be sweet in traditional reflector headlights. They are really nice lights!