Dealer Inventory?

You're right there is no real advantage other than claiming the hp advantage in a marketing sense. I know that the Ram HD's can be had with up to 850 ft lbs with the new Cummins. That's almost 100 more ft lbs than the current LML. I realize that unless you can use all that power efficiently thru the transmission it doesn't really matter though. The Allison is still one of the biggest advantages of owning a Duramax IMO.

That is very true.. The Allison is really a great trans.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you in regards to the Allison Trans. I just wish GM would gitty up and get these new HD's in. I test drove a 2014 6.6 and it was a great truck. I'm thinking maybe I should just pull the trigger on one of those and save a ton of cash. :ughdance:

I agree with you in regards to the Allison Trans. I just wish GM would gitty up and get these new HD's in. I test drove a 2014 6.6 and it was a great truck. I'm thinking maybe I should just pull the trigger on one of those and save a ton of cash. :ughdance:

Well at this point you might as well wait until summer so you can either get a great deal on the current style 2500 or get the newer 2500 that is updated but still is an LML.

• 2 weeks later...

took my 2014 1500 in to have the recall done dealer had a 2015 2500 double cab

photo_zps4522c41d.jpg

photo-2_zps41bbb315.jpg

I did a search through cars.com and it showed a total of 92 of the 2015 Silverado 2500's. Some had pricing, some didn't. When does the Chevy or GMC website get updated so you can build and price the 2015 HD's? I live in Mass and seems that there are a few within driving distance. I assume those could be bought today? I would like to test drive one and compare to the outgoing '14.

I was considering a 1500, but this might sway me to consider a 2500. I think I am going to wait until there are some sort of rebates on these and hope for the best. Of course, that's assuming I like the truck.................................

I did a search through cars.com and it showed a total of 92 of the 2015 Silverado 2500's. Some had pricing, some didn't. When does the Chevy or GMC website get updated so you can build and price the 2015 HD's? I live in Mass and seems that there are a few within driving distance. I assume those could be bought today? I would like to test drive one and compare to the outgoing '14.

I was considering a 1500, but this might sway me to consider a 2500. I think I am going to wait until there are some sort of rebates on these and hope for the best. Of course, that's assuming I like the truck.................................

It says on the window sticker of that picture that the truck is not for sale. You probably can't buy them until spring.

Saw this 2500 double cab yesterday at Bob Brown GMC in Ankeny, IA:

Damn that GMC looks awesome. I haven't seen one of those in a photograph. I may have to change to GMC. My salesman will be pissed, but my order is on hold due to a couple of options that are holding up production.

Thanks for posting that pic!

I knew that why I currently have a 09 GMC Crew :driving:

Our first one arrived two days ago. Double cab, Z71, Bose, LT plus and convenience pkg...$49k!!

Are the '15's officially for sale yet? I see some dealers have them arriving now. I priced one out on the Chevy website the other day, pretty pricey considering there are no rebates!

Are the '15's officially for sale yet? I see some dealers have them arriving now. I priced one out on the Chevy website the other day, pretty pricey considering there are no rebates!

Should be able to purchase. Starting price (base price) of the trim levels appears to mirror the 2014, but obviously lacking rebates. GM doesn't offer a whole lot off HD trucks either.

Archived