Bad Wind Noise

It seems to be tight, but thanks for the imfo, my truck now has 23000 miles but it has made this sound since new. I have read in some other forum that the sound proofing material on the back wall of the cab may be the problem?

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2016 LTZ crew cab. Only have a wind noise on the driver side. Wife notied it when she was driving now thats all i can hear. Very annyoying. Have not gone to dealer yet. No noise on passenger side. At speeds of 50+ with no wind outside still have a noise. Gonna call dealer and see what they say.

2016 LTZ crew cab. Only have a wind noise on the driver side. Wife notied it when she was driving now thats all i can hear. Very annyoying. Have not gone to dealer yet. No noise on passenger side. At speeds of 50+ with no wind outside still have a noise. Gonna call dealer and see what they say.

Good Morning dandaval,

We are sorry to hear of the recent concerns you have been experiencing in your truck. Our team would like to provide you with an additional layer of assistance. If you would like us to contact the dealership on your behalf, please send us a private message that includes your VIN, current mileage, full contact information, and the name of your preferred dealer. Thank you and we look forward to your message.

Philip J.

GM Customer Care

Problem solved. Loose roof trim strip.

Now all I have to do is get the dealers to unbend the top of the doors. They bent the frames in on the driver and driver side passenger door at the top to make sure the door sealed. Looks like $hit, as the doors don't line up,with the roof line anymore and you'd think the vehicle was in a smash.

• 2 months later...

I have had wind noise from day 1 on my 2014 LT Double Cab - driver's side door. The dealer replaced the weather stripping, adjusted the striker latch plate and installed the new version top bolts on the door hinges. They said the next step was to bend the door frame - I declined and just lived with the noise until I found some 7mm round rubber weather seal - see example at:

http://tinyurl.com/z6268tz

I tried double backed tape with the rubber sealer on the top edge of the driver's door and eventually discovered the wind was coming from where the door weather stripping ends at the top read end of the door where it turns from the top to going downward. Right at the bend the factory gasket weather stripping kind of stops and there is hard rubber around the turn and then begins again as the weather stripping goes down the door. I added some of the round weather seal (about a 6" piece) to that area and the wind noise was gone! That was only a 'patch' as I want to make this patch look a little more professional.

Archived