Anyone installed a LED ghost projector or halogram?

I searched other threads and could not find anyone who has installed a ghost projector or halogram. They are LED lights that shine a logo on the ground at night time. I have ordered a set that will be here tomorrow. Wanted to get opinions on where people prefer to mount them. Most common is under the doors to where they come on with the doors opening. I was thinking about installing under the rocker panels at the front doors and tying them into the courtesy lights under the side mirrors. That way they come on when you open the doors or unlock your doors with your key fob. Here is a picture of what the GMC logo looks like. For the money it seems like an awesome upgrade. Only $20 on ebay.

projector

post-126649-0-91485400-1388366119_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bowen, I just ordered a 2014 Sierra today and this, among many other upgrades that I have been reading up on that you have commented on, is one of the things I would like to do. I was wondering how the lights came out? Are they worth it? Also do you have any pics of them on your truck?

• 3 years later...

Did you install these yet? Which wires did you splice into?

Trying to do that on mine and can't figure it out....

If you want these to come on whenever the dome light is on, then you would need to tap the dome circuit. Unfortunately, there is no dome light circuit in the door panel. If you have a DL3 mirror with puddle lamps, you can tap that circuit. If you have a DL3 mirror (with puddle lamps), you can do a diode mod in the BCM to have the puddle lamps follow the dome lamp circuit.

After listening to all the bad advice on YouTube and the Internet, and the lack of accurate advice, I stopped, looked at the big picture of what was in front of me, and found the solution.

With the Newer model GMC's, not sure but should be the same with the Chevy's, I saw the 2 wires (red and black) that run to the LED's for the door handle. Might only be an option for SLE and above, or equivalent for Chevy. Spliced the red to red, and the black to black, and it works great. Turns on when the doors open, and turns off when the doors close.

Thank you.

• 7 months later...

Archived