8) Feed the shorter of two wires provided into openings at bottom of tailgate. Blue & green bullets go to handle & plug end goes to spare tire. [pic 006]
DO NOT SECURE OR ZIP TIE ANYTHING YET!
9) Connect the plug to the longer wiring provided and walk end over to driver's door. Don't worry about routing the wires now.. you want to make sure it works first!
10) Remove driver's kick panel and then smaller panel covering wiring. That second panel is a pain-in-the-A! It functions like a hinged cover, with red circles being where it clasps & red lines being the hinge point [pic 007]
11) Now for the wiring... it's a cluster! The instructions don't help much here. You're looking for a tan w/ yellow stripe & a solid gray wire. With my PowerPro I was eventually able to find the correct two. When you're looking for them, start in the top corner closest to the gas/brake pedals, and look for wires that are ever so slightly thicker than the rest. [pic 008]
12) Feed the tailgate wiring through the parking brake grommet under the carpet. It's tight as hell, so as long as you don't make a big hole in it, it won't leak. [pic 009]
13) Connect the green wire to tan/yellow (looked brown/yellow to me) and the blue wire to solid gray. Test lock/unlock feature.
14) If everything works, you can unplug the longer wire provided & begin snaking it from the front of truck to spare tire area, plug it back in, zip tie wherever, replace all panels, etc... and you're finished.
Edited by RyanbabZ71, 05 January 2014 - 01:32 PM.