2014+ Power Tailgate Lock installed

• 2 months later...

update ...it was the thicker brown and yellow and the thicker grey and green..had a problem with the connection inside the tailgate that was making it not work...also make sure your actuator arm isnt bent..mine was a little tweeked and wasnt fully locking the gate..thanks for all the help guys..fyi my truck is a sle crew cab so that the wires for that...

Just to note my experience, I too had to use the brown/yellow and thicker grey/green. 2015 Silverado 1500 LT.

Mine also wasn't fully locking, it wasn't pushing far enough so I've temporary added zip ties for the arm to hit.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello I just installed the pop and lock on my truck everything work except when you lock it with the fob the little plastic arm doesn't come back enough to lock it unlock works fine,anybody else have this happen and how did you fix it,post pcs if possible thanks

Hello I just installed the pop and lock on my truck everything work except when you lock it with the fob the little plastic arm doesn't come back enough to lock it unlock works fine,anybody else have this happen and how did you fix it,post pcs if possible thanks

The post above yours had the same issue. They used zip ties.

temporary added zip ties for the arm to hit.

• 1 month later...

got mine installed today ended using the thicker of the brown/yellow stripe and the gray/green stripe wires while testing i noticed something weird when locked with the door closed window down i was not able to unlock the doors with the button on the door i had to use the key fob this would happen after the interior lights went out and the red dash light was blinking is this some kind of anti theft cause it pretty dumb. i can lock myself in my truck and not be able to use the unlock button ill have to pull the handle twice to get out. i didnt see anything in the manual about this it just seems strange to me.

Quick question -- since this is tied into the door locks does the tailgate lock automatically like the doors when the truck is put into Drive then unlock when you put it in Park?

Quick question -- since this is tied into the door locks does the tailgate lock automatically like the doors when the truck is put into Drive then unlock when you put it in Park?

I have mine set to lock/unlock with the passenger doors, so mine doesn't unlock when I put it in park. It locks when put into drive.

• 1 month later...

Just to note my experience, I too had to use the brown/yellow and thicker grey/green. 2015 Silverado 1500 LT.

Mine also wasn't fully locking, it wasn't pushing far enough so I've temporary added zip ties for the arm to hit.

Cool, I discovered mine wasn't locking as well. I attached one tie strap so the head was in the corner of the plastic arm. Just enough room for the lock cylinder pawl to get past it. Thanks for the tip!

Cool, I discovered mine wasn't locking as well. I attached one tie strap so the head was in the corner of the plastic arm. Just enough room for the lock cylinder pawl to get past it. Thanks for the tip!

I ended up in the same boat. I emailed Pop & Lock asking if there was a fix and they had me send a video of what it was doing, to which they offered exactly zero help as their "tech support" didn't have a fix, and they won't sell any replacement parts. They were more than willing to offer me a whole new unit at full price, however. Needless to say that left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth and I won't be buying anything else from them in the future. That said, the zip tie trick is working for me as well. Sorry for the rant.

• 4 months later...

Just installed mine today.  Thanks all for the info and zip tie trick. I too broke my driver side wire cover. 25 degree weather and aggressive negotiations with it didn’t mix well.  Lol. 

Some super glue and zip ties and we were back in shape

Edited by squeak93
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2018 at 1:22 PM, silveradosid said:

I had the same problem with locking what I found was the arm on the handle was binding I loosen the screw a little and now it works fine 

Which screw? I have the issue with it periodically not locking as well. About to add the zip tie method myself like others above. Its odd though, if I got back and forth unlock to lock enough, eventually it does lock.

10 hours ago, jrob56 said:

Which screw? I have the issue with it periodically not locking as well. About to add the zip tie method myself like others above. Its odd though, if I got back and forth unlock to lock enough, eventually it does lock.

The screw holding the white plastic locking arm.  1/4 turn is probably all it needs, however I found that the zip tie trick helped on top of this.  Mine was the same way where if I locked and unlocked enough it would finally do what it should, however it was more of a hindrance than hitting lock once and knowing it was going to actually lock.

• 2 months later...

I just installed this power locking tailgate. Is it supposed to work with the drivers door or the passenger doors. I tried 2 different wires and they both only work with one click of the key fob. I wanted to have it open with the second click on the key fob.

I've been thinking about adding this to my 15.  But if the newer model have a factory actuator, can it be added and wired the same as the pop and lock?  This seems it might be a bit more reliable and more positive operation.  Just a thought.  Any one tried it?