2014+ Power Tailgate Lock installed

If the cam is too thick it will bind the movement so you will have trouble gettin it to lock with the key.

Sand it down a bit (I used a dremel) so that it can swivel freely after you install the c clip.

This is the way it should work if you want to be able to lock with the key as well.

I did hear from them and they had a manufacturing issue where kits went out with no cam. They sent me out a cam promptly no questions asked. Just get the cam because your rolling the dice with amazon.

That's good to hear, I'd hate to just keep sending lots back until I got one with a cam lol.

That's good to hear, I'd hate to just keep sending lots back until I got one with a cam lol.

The folks at Pop n Lock have been very responsive to a couple of issues I had. The cable that goes from the tailgate to the bed had a bad pin in the connector. They sent a new cable right out and answered a couple of questions I had. If something is missing, reach out to them for help.

• Like 1

Got mine installed tonight. Not sure if it's normal, but when using the key the lock keeps turning in the new cam arm after it contacts the stops if that makes sense. Maybe 1/8" in both directions.

Unlock with the remote works great, since it's going down. Seems like there's not enough throw in the ram the move the white toggle past the break over point to lock. When locked the handle is in kind of a bind but a little more pressure and the white toggle moves up to lock. Anybody else have this issue.

Fat fingered, and shot from the hip.

Got mine installed tonight. Not sure if it's normal, but when using the key the lock keeps turning in the new cam arm after it contacts the stops if that makes sense. Maybe 1/8" in both directions.

Unlock with the remote works great, since it's going down. Seems like there's not enough throw in the ram the move the white toggle past the break over point to lock. When locked the handle is in kind of a bind but a little more pressure and the white toggle moves up to lock. Anybody else have this issue.

Fat fingered, and shot from the hip.

The cam should swivel freely and I found it was a bit too thick so it would bind when I added the c clip.

Sanding the thickness down with a dremel allowed it to swivel and now it works as designed.

• Like 1

The cam should swivel freely and I found it was a bit too thick so it would bind when I added the c clip.

Sanding the thickness down with a dremel allowed it to swivel and now it works as designed.

I got my Cam from pop and lock and finished the install. I used your advise Crewl1 and it works perfect! Thanks for all the help everyone!

Per Fondupot's DIY video on the PNL install, note that installing the C-clip so the open part faces the hinges of the tailgate seems to do the trick.

I tried that and every other direction. Sprayed it with lubricant as well.

Sanding it down was the fix for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's not exactly the same vain as adding the aftermarket tailgate lock but, I traded for a 2016 a few weeks back and one of my favorite features besides the HID headlights is the remote locking tailgate.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I had my first failure with the Pop & Lock tailgate kit...or did I? Ran some errands today and when I returned, I didn't hear the familiar "thud" when I put her in park inside the garage. Got out of the truck to investigate and tried the remote. Ok, so it's been working great for almost two years. Started with the VOM at the tailgate. No voltage when lock or unlock on the remote. Opened the kick plate. No voltage on the wires when using the remote here either.

Then I noticed one of the wires had come loose from the Scotchlock fastener! Yanked them out...stripped and soldered the wires. ALL IS WELL!!!

(Been meaning to solder these wires...well, now it's done).

I think I heard someone else (Fondupot) say, "DON'T USE THE SUPPLIED SCOTCHLOCKS! "

Edited by chuckl1218