Stabiltrac / traction control

Quick? I can press the button to turn t/c off which works fine. But when I press and hold the same button to turn Stabiltrac off it takes about 10 seconds to turn off which Is ok but once it's off it only stays off for maybe a minute then kicks back on..... Help?

Speaking of which, when I start my truck in the morning and within the first mile I get warning lights about the stabilitrack being off and power steering assist being reduced. Sometimes I get a brake warning message too. Not happy with this happening on a new truck. Makes me very nervous when driving. I need to get it into a dealer ASAP.

It's funny how a feature is a benefit to some and a annoyance to others. I like the traction control this time of year. I do turn it off to do some donuts now and again in those snow covered parking lots.

I started a thread on this awhile ago. There is no separate fuse for TC. So far the only option is looking like pulling the fuse for antilock brakes as that is what the stabilitrac controls. Going to try it when my new truck comes in.

I don't need my truck to drive for me either.

• 2 years later...

Archived