Radio Reception Issues

Hello TJay74,

We regret to hear that you have these concerns with the Infotainment System in your Sierra, and understand your desires to have a reliable radio. We recognize that you are just updating the other forum members on your experiences, but would be more than happy to offer our support while you are working with your dealership. If this is something that interests you, please send us a private message.

All the best,

Julianne M.

GM Customer Care

:crackup:

EXTREMELY Unfortunate that GM has failed to address and fix this issue. Now I'm past 36k miles and zero leverage at all. I have had nothing but service manager leave, get told "No fix yet but aware of it." Just awful. I have zero plans of buying another GM vehicle. I have been a life long GM guy but failure to fix this issue after 3 years is inexcusable!!!!!!! Could something like this happen with my next Ford, Toyota, Dodge vehicle? Sure.... but I would be able to handle it a lot better vs getting burned again. I was always told, fool me once shame on you... fool me twice shame on me. I won't allow a 2nd chance unless GM finally steps up to plate and does what they need to fix my truck. I listen to the radio every single day and get pissed every day. Can't believe I have lasted this long in this truck.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

EXTREMELY Unfortunate that GM has failed to address and fix this issue. Now I'm past 36k miles and zero leverage at all. I have had nothing but service manager leave, get told "No fix yet but aware of it." Just awful. I have zero plans of buying another GM vehicle. I have been a life long GM guy but failure to fix this issue after 3 years is inexcusable!!!!!!! Could something like this happen with my next Ford, Toyota, Dodge vehicle? Sure.... but I would be able to handle it a lot better vs getting burned again. I was always told, fool me once shame on you... fool me twice shame on me. I won't allow a 2nd chance unless GM finally steps up to plate and does what they need to fix my truck. I listen to the radio every single day and get pissed every day. Can't believe I have lasted this long in this truck.

I hate to say that I feel the same way. After 9 GM vehicles, this will probably be my last. Like you said it doesn't help that you get the reminder every single day when the radio comes on. Just can't believe that our 2004 Camry has perfect radio reception and great headlights, and my 2014 Silverado has neither.

• Like 2

I meant the stupid Christmas stuff Here's to hoping that a fix comes out though for the radio issues. Do these new vehicles have the HD radios in them from the factory?

Yes they have HD radio on the 14's but the signal leaves after a few miles out of a major city.

Has anyone with radio issues listened to a 2017 to see if it is still the same?

my 17 looses sxm reception quite often, even in clear areas on sunny days. I wouldnt look to a 17 for great sxm service, mine goes out and you hear a swishing sound then it comes back on sometimes is out for 10-15 seconds sometimes more

I'm with you guys. I've always been a GM buyer but when they can't fix the radio how are we supposed to be happy about our purchase. I keep coming back to this forum to see if there has been a fix and to find the newer models are also bad. Sorry GM you had a lifelong supporter but no longer. You had your chance. I used to look down on the other manufactures and now I'm looking at them.

• Like 3

As a matter of fact I was looking at 2017 Tundra and Fords today... my 20 minute commute each morning has worse a.m radio. I'm 20 miles from downtown Houston! Not some small town in Montana. Just to clarify, the signal is fine but the horrible crackling in speakers is just awful. They have swapped speakers, tuned trebble high/low. Shift sound more to back speakers vs front or center. I've had enough. My sorry G.M service team just says "No fix"

• 2 months later...