2014+ Intakes (CAI) & Air Filters

It has been proven to be the same intake. Buy the one for a 2014-2016, and enjoy the added performance. It's $100 cheaper to boot.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/202454-gm-cold-air-intake-on-2017/?hl=gm+cai

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/202002-no-gm-certified-cold-air-intake-for-the-53-2017-silverado-1500/?hl=gm+cai

I would be suprised if any dealer would give you flack on warranty because you used a factory CAI for a year earlier.

GM assigns new part numbers all of the time. Sometimes there is zero change in the part, other times, there was an engineering or supplier change.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know who actually manfactures the GM Performance CAI? 

They have a dry filter, anyone know how many miles you are supposed to clean it. How is best way to clean?

Thanks

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/performance/2016-silverado-1500-performance-air-intake-53l-engine-l83/84016022-p-92288775.html

•  
Edited by Orlando8
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Orlando8 said:

Anyone know who actually manfactures the GM Performance CAI? 

They have a dry filter, anyone know how many miles you are supposed to clean it. How is best way to clean?

Thanks

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/performance/2016-silverado-1500-performance-air-intake-53l-engine-l83/84016022-p-92288775.html

•  

not sure who makes it... but with dry filters... i just check them periodically... every 7500-10000 miles usually...  you can literally just tap them clean... or if a little dirtier, rinse them (opposite of airflow) and let air dry..

really depends on the roads you drive... i live on gravel, so i typically clean them every 10k or so... some may not need it til 15 or 20k

After a lot of research and some swaying by 4wheel Parts I purchased the S&B CAI. I installed it this past weekend and it looks great. It has a great sound at take off and heavy throttle. I did notice a small loss of mpg off the dash reading. I'm talking a couple points not a full mile drop. S&B has information overload if you go to their website. Check them out if you're in the market.

IMG_1191.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After much research and finally talking to the right people I have found out that there is a difference between the  2015-2016 #84016022   and the 2017-2018 #84089441 GM performance  CAI intake.

The 2017-2018  intake has a hydrocarbon absorber built into the aluminum intake in a plastic cage, the 2015- 2016 does not.  The 2017-2018 trucks have to follow a more stringent emissions standard so this was added. Otherwise the two intakes are the same 

Also found that the dry performance filters are not washable and should be replaced every 10,000 to 20,000 miles depending on conditions. The cone filter part number is #23231630. If you google the part number online discount GM parts vendors incorrectly show this as a standard square filter which is incorrect.

I hope this helps and clears up some confusion on the intakes 

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2017 at 8:52 PM, 3_Kings said:

After a lot of research and some swaying by 4wheel Parts I purchased the S&B CAI. I installed it this past weekend and it looks great. It has a great sound at take off and heavy throttle. I did notice a small loss of mpg off the dash reading. I'm talking a couple points not a full mile drop. S&B has information overload if you go to their website. Check them out if you're in the market.

IMG_1191.JPG

What swayed you toward the S&B?

On 11/6/2017 at 5:10 PM, Austin66 said:

What swayed you toward the S&B?

If you go to their website they provide a massive amount of testing information. It has an optional plug to completely seal up the box in case you run in heavy off-road conditions. I also think the looks of this air cleaner exceeded everything else out there.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody, about ready to pickup a 2017 LTZ 6.2. I read 30 of the 49 pages on and don't see anything about this. I'm thinking about putting the 2500 duramax ram air hood and setup on my 1500. Will this hood fit the 1500 ? for the hood and all other pieces minus paint it will cost 1500.00 or so. Has anyone tired this for a CIA ram effect?

I have a 2017 Denali 6.2 and was curious as to if an entire CAI is needed or just an airraid jr kit would add a little? I already have the gm borla catback system on the truck. 
I installed the full kit on my 6.2. I also have a GM borla dual exit and AR longtubes headers. You probally get pretty close to the same performance and keep the stock box or look cool as hell with the cone filter.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk