2014+ Intakes (CAI) & Air Filters

Hello, folks!  I did a quick search and didn't find the exact info, so I thought I'd share...

I took a chance (albeit small), and as everyone would expect, the Airaid MIT for the 6.2 L works on the 2018s (Sierra in my case).  Installation was easy and fitment is perfect.

I have no idea why Airaid doesn't just update their site to show the product works on 2016/7/8 with the 6.2L.

Order with confidence, I guess.

1 hour ago, JDX said:

Hello, folks!  I did a quick search and didn't find the exact info, so I thought I'd share...

I took a chance (albeit small), and as everyone would expect, the Airaid MIT for the 6.2 L works on the 2018s (Sierra in my case).  Installation was easy and fitment is perfect.

I have no idea why Airaid doesn't just update their site to show the product works on 2016/7/8 with the 6.2L.

Order with confidence, I guess.

I was just about to come on here and ask why their website doesn't list the MIT for the 6.2 on the 16s, 17s or 18s. So you pretty much answered my question. Glad to know if I order it for the year 15, it will work on my 17. 

Did you just keep the stock filter in there? I have no desire to put a wet filter in the factory intake box. I would prefer to just keep the stock one. 

Is there a reason they aren't updating it? Is there something slightly different about the tubing on the newer models?

Edited by davidio840

On 12/14/2017 at 4:08 PM, PDYoung said:

Hi everybody, about ready to pickup a 2017 LTZ 6.2. I read 30 of the 49 pages on and don't see anything about this. I'm thinking about putting the 2500 duramax ram air hood and setup on my 1500. Will this hood fit the 1500 ? for the hood and all other pieces minus paint it will cost 1500.00 or so. Has anyone tired this for a CIA ram effect?

I seem to recall Volant having some ram air contraption for the older duramax but it pulls it from below.  The 1500 Volant CAI fits like ass I discovered, but it does have a lower tube molding for possibly adding some piping to pull from below if you're so inclined.

Edited by Austin66

20 hours ago, davidio840 said:

I was just about to come on here and ask why their website doesn't list the MIT for the 6.2 on the 16s, 17s or 18s. So you pretty much answered my question. Glad to know if I order it for the year 15, it will work on my 17. 

Did you just keep the stock filter in there? I have no desire to put a wet filter in the factory intake box. I would prefer to just keep the stock one. 

Is there a reason they aren't updating it? Is there something slightly different about the tubing on the newer models?

I kept the stock filter.

If i had to guess, maybe there's some sort of fee to add a model year with CARB compliance and they don't want to see a non-CARB item and maybe don't want to pay the "paperwork fee?"  Just a wild guess, though.  Otherwise there's no reason not to just update the "5" to an "8" in "Fits 2014-2015."

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys new here. I have a 6.2 and looking for an intake. I seen black bears test and i'm planning on the afe momentum gt after seeing the results. It had good gains and they said that intake didnt need tuning. How does the cold air inductions intake compare to the afe? 

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone on here answer as to whether there is absolutely ANY market for an OEM Intake Assembly?? I pulled mine off my 6.2 @ 5k mi and it's barely 3mo old. It seems absolutely criminal to just throw something like this away just because I upgraded..

52 minutes ago, youn1033 said:

Can anyone on here answer as to whether there is absolutely ANY market for an OEM Intake Assembly?? I pulled mine off my 6.2 @ 5k mi and it's barely 3mo old. It seems absolutely criminal to just throw something like this away just because I upgraded..

Local car show / swap meet ???

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:09 PM, youn1033 said:

I sold mine on here pretty much for the cost of shipping ($30).

My MIT intake tube from '15 5.3 works on my new '18 6.2.  I just bought a 4" straight rubber 3" long piece to replace the neckdown at the throttle body.  Good thing I kept my stock intake to reinstall back on the old truck when I traded it in. 

• 4 weeks later...

To dress up the engine bay further, look into the Cadillac Escalade engine cover. If you have the studs on the manifold already then its just a snap in installation. Thinking about hydro dipping it this spring.
Sorry for the dirty North East winter bay.c0095f108f8e4e473a834b674b2f7732.jpg6fc246c263bd6a5158303baf686e7dca.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 1/27/2018 at 6:31 PM, SILVER SLED said:

My MIT intake tube from '15 5.3 works on my new '18 6.2.  I just bought a 4" straight rubber 3" long piece to replace the neckdown at the throttle body.  Good thing I kept my stock intake to reinstall back on the old truck when I traded it in. 

Just thinking out loud here, but isn't the MIT tube Small on the 5.3 versus the MIT for the 6.2 ? I have a new AIRAID 5.3 setup  that I took off my 17 5.3. I was going to sell it. But if the tubes are the same I may keep it and just get a different connector for the throttle body. 

1 hour ago, Crobinson16 said:

Just thinking out loud here, but isn't the MIT tube Small on the 5.3 versus the MIT for the 6.2 ? I have a new AIRAID 5.3 setup  that I took off my 17 5.3. I was going to sell it. But if the tubes are the same I may keep it and just get a different connector for the throttle body. 

Well I ended up calling Airaid,  and the tubes them selves for the 14-18 year trucks with either the 5.3 and 6.2 are the same part no.  So the only difference would be the rubber connector/couplings/hose for the different years and engines.  I just purchased a 4" by 3" long hose to fit the 6.2 throttle body.  The intake came with a 4" to about 3 1/2" by 3" long hose to fit to the 5.3 throttle body.  The tube itself has a 4" opening at the throttle body.  The air box to intake opening is the same size for both engines.

4 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

Well I ended up calling Airaid,  and the tubes them selves for the 14-18 year trucks with either the 5.3 and 6.2 are the same part no.  So the only difference would be the rubber connector/couplings/hose for the different years and engines.  I just purchased a 4" by 3" long hose to fit the 6.2 throttle body.  The intake came with a 4" to about 3 1/2" by 3" long hose to fit to the 5.3 throttle body.  The tube itself has a 4" opening at the throttle body.  The air box to intake opening is the same size for both engines.

Did you notice an increase in low frequency noise after installing the tube with no other changes? 

1 minute ago, NemesisC5 said:

Did you notice an increase in low frequency noise after installing the tube with no other changes? 

The intake is a lot louder on the 6.2 than the 5.3.  And on the 5.3 I modified the intake box insert to open it up like a 6.2 insert piece (the piece that comes off the intake box that presses against the inner fender area).

14 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

The intake is a lot louder on the 6.2 than the 5.3.  And on the 5.3 I modified the intake box insert to open it up like a 6.2 insert piece (the piece that comes off the intake box that presses against the inner fender area).

When I removed the MIT from 2011 6.2 before trade-in it became quieter and I liked it. I have not since installed on 2017 6.2 because I didn't want that low frequency sound again. Thanks for the feedback.