2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I'm new here, just ordered a 2014 Denali 1500 Crew Cab. Looking for advice on a good weatherproof tonneau cover, preferably a soft roll up.I have a retractable one on my Silverado LT but it takes up room in the box. Hoping to find one that I can throw my luggage in the back on my trips to Florida and everything will keep dry in the rain. Also want something that can't be easily broken into.

Thanks,

Gary

P.S.

Pretty cool site you guys have here reminds me of LS1.COM when I bought my SS Camaro. Did some great group purchases there.

I had an Access tonneau cover on my 2008 Silverado and it always kept everything dry and clean. I will probably go the same route for me new truck as well, unless something there's something new that really has something new to add (no clue what that would be though).

I had a soft tonneau cover on mine, came with the truck when I got it. I was a pain in the neck to take on and off. I got sick and tired of that and just picked up a really nice tool box instead. Much much better! A lot of room for all my stuff, locks, and I still have my bed open for hauling stuff. Win win situation in my opinion.

• Like 4

I have an access roll up and it works great for my needs. I bought one in 2006 and used it until buying this truck and it was still in excellent shape. The tonneau material, weather stripping and single release for both sides are improved from 2006.

post-124619-0-34547700-1385808880_thumb.jpg

Is access the brand name? Also can you please help me with something? I just read that there are no AC or Heat ducts to the back of the Crew Cab Denali I ordered. You have a 2014 Denali Correct? I ordered black and have a huge concern because I drive to Florida 2 or 3 times a year, worried about whoever is in the back will bake.

Some also told me the only heat or cooling comes when the heated or cooling seats are on, is this true? I can't test it at my dealer because it's only in the 20's here in Pa.

Thank you very much,

Gary

Bakflip F1 folds all the way up to cab if needed, Got up thursday morning to 14 degrees, 10 min warm up and drove 265 miles no complaints from back seaters about being cold at all, actually had the ask to lower the temp. running 72 on auto climate

I'm new here, just ordered a 2014 Denali 1500 Crew Cab. Looking for advice on a good weatherproof tonneau cover, preferably a soft roll up.I have a retractable one on my Silverado LT but it takes up room in the box. Hoping to find one that I can throw my luggage in the back on my trips to Florida and everything will keep dry in the rain. Also want something that can't be easily broken into.

Thanks,

Gary

P.S.

Pretty cool site you guys have here reminds me of LS1.COM when I bought my SS Camaro. Did some great group purchases there.

If you want weather-proof, roll-up, and secure, then you should look at the Roll-X made by BAK. It's exactly all of those three things :). It's at the top of my list (awaiting delivery of my '14 Silvy!) and the other contender is the Bak-Flip VP (same vinyl appearance as the Roll-X, except a tri-fold design instead of roll-up).

In either case, they're designed to be secure (as secure can be), and from everything I've read, do very well at keeping water out.

I have the Truxedo low pro qt as well. Real nice low profile cover. Easy to put on and take off. Snaps into place and is released by one handle on the back drivers side. Also has two spring loaded tensioners on the front that can be adjusted for tightness. The Velcro on each side slides with the tensioners, which is very good in my opinion. Best of all it has a life time warranty on everything as long as it is bought new and not second hand. Oh and you can also put box rails on the bed if you choose with this cover as well. Works and looks good on my 14 gmc sierra slt z71.

• Like 2

I installed the Undercover Flex today on my truck. I like the looks and the fit and it only took about 30 minutes to install. It was $665.00 shipped as I mentioned others got it for that price, and they honored it. My old cover on my previous truck was aluminum, and I wanted something that might hold up better in hail. No idea how bad it leaks yet, but from the looks it shouldn't be bad.

Now I am waiting on the Bedrug (Chevy logo one) to be delivered, so it can be installed. Than the bed should be done...

• Like 1