2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I found a NIB BAK Bakflip F1 on Craigslist for 400 dollars.

Installation took approx. 45 minutes working alone.

I've seen a few negative reviews on these, but I figured for that price, I couldn't go wrong.

This is my first tonneau cover, so I really can't make a comparison.

It was super easy to install, fits well and I like that it's practically invisible from the side.

After much debate I jumped in and did it. Bestop For the win! The instructions give you a good idea of what to do, but you have to be willing to test fit and move it to get it just right. No noticeable noise and took it for a 700 mile test to make sure I like it. I’ll throw out the verdict in a month or so.68b4d39e8a96ec9cf2d8ad3c0298588e.jpg

316ffe7f67867864994e813e0fd03a32.jpg

54f33781bdccb21287a223896c24eac6.jpg

0bb11a9281025faec12d99a12193d7f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Under Cover Ultra Flex cover and was wondering if anyone has added any foam strips to help with water leaks?

The only spots I’ve noticed water intrusion is actually through the tailgate. I️ think you can find a tailgate seal kit, but it’s never been enough water to bother me.

5 hours ago, NoLand said:

The only spots I’ve noticed water intrusion is actually through the tailgate. I️ think you can find a tailgate seal kit, but it’s never been enough water to bother me.

Same here. I thought about adding a seal at the front of the bed but I haven't noticed any water there yet.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, steve76t said:

added a Bak Revolver X2 and a bed rug a couple weeks ago.  Love it so far.

have had mine for about 6 months. good purchase. always get compliments on it.

Be sure to clean it about once a month and apply 303. My X2 is two years old and going strong.

Edit: I also ordered a second cab gasket from Bak to go behind the first one I laid down, since a little water was getting in. Now it's dry as a bone.

Edited by Sierra_Kayaker

Diamondback is the only way to go for me. Full use of your bed and you can stack quads, side by side, wood or whatever on top. Plus it’s weathet proof and nearly impossible to get into. 

9798331E-8DB5-43B6-9C17-8DE6BC71B32D.jpeg

Edited by PBRANDON
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2017 at 11:44 AM, Sierra_Kayaker said:

Be sure to clean it about once a month and apply 303. My X2 is two years old and going strong.

Edit: I also ordered a second cab gasket from Bak to go behind the first one I laid down, since a little water was getting in. Now it's dry as a bone.

I keep forgetting to pick up some 303 when near an autoparts store or wal-mart.  One day I'll remember. 

As for the 2nd gasket, so far my top has been dry.  Only a couple minor rain showers and a carwash though.  We'll see what gets through after a good snowstorm. 

On 12/2/2017 at 12:41 AM, PBRANDON said:

Diamondback is the only way to go for me. Full use of your bed and you can stack quads, side by side, wood or whatever on top. Plus it’s weathet proof and nearly impossible to get into. 

9798331E-8DB5-43B6-9C17-8DE6BC71B32D.jpeg

NICE!  I almost when with a Diamondback when I was shopping around for a tonneau.  May end up with one of these one day. 

On 12/6/2017 at 10:47 PM, steve76t said:

I keep forgetting to pick up some 303 when near an autoparts store or wal-mart.  One day I'll remember. 

As for the 2nd gasket, so far my top has been dry.  Only a couple minor rain showers and a carwash though.  We'll see what gets through after a good snowstorm. 

https://slickdeals.net/f/11005619-amazon-303-aerospace-protectant-32oz-with-s-s-free-s-h-8-57?utm_source=rss&utm_content=fp&utm_medium=RSS2

Hi

I'm new here. I just get 2014 sierra 1500 double cab 6.5 ft  bed and  looking for bed cap. I'm trying to get something locally from craiglist (NJ) 

My question is ; Do you guys know what cap fit to this truck ( type or model or maybe from ford f150) or any bed cap to fit 6.5 bed ill work ???  OR i have to look for exact cap for 2014 gmc

Thank you and i appreciate any inputs.