2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

eventually I will get the

Extang Trifecta

... $300 locally.. 3 piece flip with soft top and no tracks at all. I dont like the thought of tracks as if they get bent.. then it is a hastle... oh and yes my truck gets used so I expect tracks to get wrecked if I went that route....

As it turns out three of the seals had bad glue. The folks at undercover suggested they send me some glue and a new seal. They refused to send me a refund nor a new cover. Obvously their warranty isn't for crap. I disputed the charge with my VISA card and they are going to pursue a refund. In the mean time as I needed to use the POS to keep my stuff dry and secure I used some gorilla glue to re-affix the three bad seals. Seems to have worked but how long before the rest of the seals fail.... I'll update if UC decides to stand beind their product or contiunues to suggest I try and fix their defective two week old cover.

Update, I bought my cover through undercoverdirect.com, they refused to refund the product or have any involvement in the situation they suggested I pursue things directly with Undercover. The manufacturer said since the cover can be fixed its not defective just needs to be fixed. Maybe I'm too picky but, I feel like if I pay $665 for a cover I shouldn't have to take super glue to it three weeks after I install it. Essentially this vendor refused to authorize my return, in fact they said they would only pass the info onto the manufacturer. I told the seller that I would be sharing my negative experience with as many sites as possible if they didn't take care of me and they suggested that I would be breaking the law via 'defamation of charachater' and they could take me to court. I will be making a thread and sharing my communications with undercoverdirect.com once I get the final word from VISA that my credit is finalized.

Edited by Imcrazy

When venting your frustrations just be sure to start with "In my personal opinion" as this simple phrase can help to avoid any defamation lawsuits. You didn't say that they suck, you just said that in your personal opinion they suck, which is an opinion. That phrase may not help if you make a statement of fact though so be careful. Word it correctly and hammer them, I would.

http://www.handelonthelaw.com/law-article-details.aspx?Id=40&practice_category=Civil+Law&practice_id=406&Type=Dos_and_Donts

As for the OP, I had an Access Lorado on my '07 and was very pleased with it, I have a Lazerlite on my '12 and it's a great cover, but expensive.

Edited by SILVERADOSC540
  • Like 1

I'm trying to decide on a tonneau cover and there are so many brands out there with so many positive/negative reviews that is hard for me to decide on which one to buy.

To be honest by looking over and over again on videos and on reality on some tonneau covers I still think the Avalanche tonneau cover looks and locks best (I do like those manual handles for each section).

Does anyone know if it possible at all to find such a tonneau cover for purchase for a 14 sierra?

Couldn't find anything by searching online so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to decide on a tonneau cover and there are so many brands out there with so many positive/negative reviews that is hard for me to decide on which one to buy.

To be honest by looking over and over again on videos and on reality on some tonneau covers I still think the Avalanche tonneau cover looks and locks best (I do like those manual handles for each section).

Does anyone know if it possible at all to find such a tonneau cover for purchase for a 14 sierra?

Couldn't find anything by searching online so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen some other people echo your thoughts and didn't find any covers like the avalanche one when searching, by "Avalanche like" I mean a cover with multiple, independent sections that are removed individually. All the aftermarket ones I've seen are either a multi-folding hard or soft cover, a roll up style or a hard shell cover style. I don't have a lot of personal experience with the Avalanche covers but have removed the tops a handful of times and when comparing the weight/size of those covers vs the ones from the aftermarket today, I expect the Avalanche style ones are substantially more expensive than the $600 to $900 range we see most hard folders in the market today.

Edit: I was curious and looked up what the replacement panels for the Avalanche cost, gmpartsclub was the only online vendor I found that listed them and they're basically $700 per section(times 3 sections) which includes the handles/latches etc but doesn't include the bed mounted rails

Edited by loganb

Does anyone have or like the Fold-A-Cover G4?

I installed one about 6 weeks ago. No complaints and i think its one of the best ones available. :thumbs:

I'm not 100% sure, but i think the GM hard folding cover is the fold-a-cover g4.

• Like 1

Glad to hear. Since no one had mentioned Fold-A-Cover, I was worried that I made a mistake.

When i placed my order, I had that added.

I initially didn't pay much attention to the Fold-A-Cover as I was looking for something that gave full(or close to it) access to the bed quickly(and without tools) so the Fold-A-Cover was out of the running since the front most panel doesn't fold up with the rest. After seeing some positive reviews of it here I took a closer look at it and ended up going with it after comparing to the Bak Fibermax and the Roll-X I was debating between. I really liked the ability to open at both the front and rear of the bed, the more secure latch points to the bed and how it sat above the bed instead of flush with the top(putting the rails at a higher risk of damage). When I thought about what I normally haul in the bed the Fold-A-Cover seemed like a better solution, even with the slightly higher time involved to get the covers completely off to give full bed access.

• Like 1