2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

That's the only picture I've got right now. I'll take a few more later. Waterproofing is pretty good. There's a few drips here and there. Mainly up by the cab, by the tailgate, and along the sides. I've taken it through the automatic car wash and just has a few small puddles of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried the Undercover Ridgelander yet? Looks like a pretty versatile cover, especially for those who camp

That look's pretty sweet. I've been looking into ditching my Kuat rack for the hitch as its just too long and negates being able to tow a trailer. Look's like a good biking/camping alternative. Interested to see if anyone has one too.

• Like 1

That's the only picture I've got right now. I'll take a few more later. Waterproofing is pretty good. There's a few drips here and there. Mainly up by the cab, by the tailgate, and along the sides. I've taken it through the automatic car wash and just has a few small puddles of water.

There are some large gaps in the front of these K2 beds. I filled mine with weather stripping and then covered it with a black water proof calk or epoxy.

I had some bad "car wash leaks" after installing my F-A-C G4 Elite. It helped a lot.

th_75459851-41CC-481C-812F-8EF833D62DEF_

th_1DC4941A-3441-48F1-AD10-E3F395CCE003_

There are some large gaps in the front of these K2 beds. I filled mine with weather stripping and then covered it with a black water proof calk or epoxy.

I had some bad "car wash leaks" after installing my F-A-C G4 Elite. It helped a lot.

th_75459851-41CC-481C-812F-8EF833D62DEF_

th_1DC4941A-3441-48F1-AD10-E3F395CCE003_

is that the factory spray liner or aftermarket?

Yep I just got their black one. Couldn't see spending the extra $$ for the color matched when my truck is dark grey anyway. Install was fairly easy. They have very good install videos on their website. I had help too. I like it so far.

Well, after much research I went with the roll-n-lock A series cover. I installed it yesterday. Easy to install and I'm very happy with it so far. I installed it without the tailgate extrusion because I like to open the tailgate at times with the cover in the closed position. I can always add it later if I decide to. It wasn't a cheap cover but my plan is to keep it for many years so hopefully it will hold up.

IMG_4727_zps6bnzwil8.jpg

IMG_4726_zpsdg3vahom.jpg

IMG_4725_zpsemnratg0.jpg

IMG_4724_zpsjaqxpfye.jpg

IMG_4723_zpsna0v1580.jpg

IMG_0378_zpsxappr0mh.jpg

Well, after much research I went with the roll-n-lock A series cover. I installed it yesterday. Easy to install and I'm very happy with it so far. I installed it without the tailgate extrusion because I like to open the tailgate at times with the cover in the closed position. I can always add it later if I decide to. It wasn't a cheap cover but my plan is to keep it for many years so hopefully it will hold up.

By not including the tailgate extrusion, you have only two locking points instead of four locking points.

• Like 1

Picked up and installed my MX4 today, looks good so far but I left the cab bumpers and the bulkhead weather stripping off until I can install in warmer weather.

BAK has a deal on now till March 17 - you can get a $50 rebate (whoopdy doo) or a Husky Gearbox for free, which is $165 for a crew cab. Just an fyi.

Edit: Only applies to MX4 or Revolver X2, and has to be bought from a BAK dealer, not BAK themselves.

Edited by FarmKid92

Haven't seen anybody mention the Undercover UltraFlex. Obviously its the twin of the MX4 but rails are a slightly different design (brackets too), tonneau is attached to the rails from underneath the cover (I love this over the elevator bolts of the MX4), and its covered in carpet underneath the tonneau.

Oh yeah its got a 5 year warranty over the 3 yr warranty of the MX4

http://www.undercoverinfo.com/products/ultra_flex

Haven't seen anybody mention the Undercover UltraFlex. Obviously its the twin of the MX4 but rails are a slightly different design (brackets too), tonneau is attached to the rails from underneath the cover (I love this over the elevator bolts of the MX4), and its covered in carpet underneath the tonneau.

Oh yeah its got a 5 year warranty over the 3 yr warranty of the MX4

http://www.undercoverinfo.com/products/ultra_flex

The place I bought my MX4 from had an undercover model (think it was a flex) there as well, wasn't this one because the MX4 was the only one with the universal tailgate seal. Couple things the sales rep mentioned were the undercover's rails don't sit on the truck bed rails at all, so in theory the cover could be pushed down into the bed with enough force - probably unlikely though. The bigger problem to me was that when folded all the way open, the prop rods hold it straight up and down, rather than leaning it against the cab - so it becomes a sail. Dealer said the owner manual for the undercover states speed limits for driving with the cover vertical as well - might have been in the 50-60mph range but I don't remember for sure.

At the end of the day they are almost identical and made by Truck Hero (parent company) anyway... And the Flex and MX4 were the same price.

Edited by FarmKid92