2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Still happy with the tonnopro hardfold, keeps my stuff dry and I can take it off by myself in less than a couple of minutes.... It's not the coolest looking cover around but, it works great for the price.... If I had the money to burn and wanted to I'd buy the Truxedo Titanium....

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a new MX4 for a crazy good price compared to list. I checked this sites vendors to see if they have BAK products and I didn't find any indication. You can send a PM and I'll tell you the website and price I got (under $800) to the door. I'd post it here but I'll respect the vendors site exclusivity.

I just bought a new MX4 for a crazy good price compared to list. I checked this sites vendors to see if they have BAK products and I didn't find any indication. You can send a PM and I'll tell you the website and price I got (under $800) to the door. I'd post it here but I'll respect the vendors site exclusivity.

Yes, plenty of us got it for $770 or less delivered.

Here's mine

6f56af9302feaa469a511b5a98127bc7.jpg

Edited by ChevyRoofer

I've had the Retrax One-powered version, for over a year now. So far I have no complaints. The only leaks I've had is when driving at interstate speeds (75-80) in the rain. The tailgate lets the road spray in. I solved this, while on the trip, by laying a rolled up towel across the floor at the back of the bed. I bought the stick on seal for the tailgate, but haven't installed it yet. It looks like it will stop the leaks. I also bought the wide rails. It looks a lot better and I can't tell there is any downside from going with the wide rails. Yes the stake holes make a nice hand hold, but so does the lip of the bed. My advice would be go with the wide rails.

I went with a simple roll-up cover. I installed the Truxedo Lo Pro cover yesterday. This is my second Lo Pro. I had one for several years on my old '07 Silverado. Excellent product, and really easy to get out of the way quickly when you need full access to your bed.

34643157972_e4df913279_c.jpg2015SilveradoTruxedoCover-1 by Mark Anderson, on Flickr

34805691165_aed4e709d4_c.jpg2015SilveradoStepsCover-3 by Mark Anderson, on Flickr

Edited by MacA
  • Like 2

If anyone is interested, I went in with bunch of people and got group price on Undercover Ultra Flex for 2014+ short beds. Had to order 1 more than needed for discount.

We will pass deal along to you. $800 brand new. Still factory sealed unopened box.

I wish I had seen this before I got the UnderCover Classic...

https://www.stowecargo.com/products?gclid=CPGMydqlt9MCFQ6bfgodlt4IBw

Saw an Ad for a G4 Elite Fold-a-Cover with the personal caddy tool box option. Was wondering if anyone had tried one of these?

https://www.foldacover.com/products/tonneau-covers/g4-elite-fold-a-cover/

Do they have a tri fold or roll up strong enough to stand on? I see the load ratings at 300+ but they don't recommend standing on it.

And if that doesn't exist, which one can I close with the top down? Most places seem to leave that information out and as you dig deeper you find out you can't.

Ludasmith, I wouldn't recommend standing on the trip folds when the panels are laid across the bed. When the last 2 panels are folded on top of the front panel, you can stand on that. I had the MX4 and stood on it to wash the roof when it was folded on itself.

I know the Backflip MX4 and Undercover Ultra Flex have the universal tailgate seals, that allow you to open and close the tailgate with the cover closed.

Somebody above was selling the undercover ultra not too long ago.

• Like 1

Well I have had my Fold a Cover G4 Elite on for a few months now, I am really happy with it. Haven't seen any water get in from rain or melting snow. Being able to open the front panel was the selling point for me, I also really like the storage box. I would recommend this cover to a to anyone looking for a hard folding cover.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Ordered a Fold-a-Cover G4 Elite on Friday $860.00 bucks to my door, directly from their website. I opted out of the storage toolbox since it was so expensive $589.00 adder for a little plastic tool box "Come On Man". Anyway I was curious if anyone had tried to fit a BAK2 toolbox into a Fold-a-Cover G4 Elite?? It looks like I could order one of those for $260.00 bucks and if it would fit I would have the perfect cover and toolbox to use with my TriMode side steps since the front panel opens independently of the back three panels to allow easy access to a tool box. I had a color matched Peragon on my 2016 but it was pretty leaky and you could not access the front unless you opened it completely. Color match was super sweet though.

post-127028-0-87587500-1474850352_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ludasmith, I wouldn't recommend standing on the trip folds when the panels are laid across the bed. When the last 2 panels are folded on top of the front panel, you can stand on that. I had the MX4 and stood on it to wash the roof when it was folded on itself.

I know the Backflip MX4 and Undercover Ultra Flex have the universal tailgate seals, that allow you to open and close the tailgate with the cover closed.

Somebody above was selling the undercover ultra not too long ago.

I *think* the Rollbak is what I'll end up going with. Not super happy about the lack of customer support I keep reading about BAK though. The MX4 seems to be the most sold on every website I've visited, and that might be for good reason and worth considering.

after i did some research Ive decided to go with the MX4.. i had an avalanche in the past and was looking for something similar to those panels.. also i wanted it as low profile as possible.. seems like the reviews are good on them also..

Fold-a-Cover G4 Elite is installed. BakBox2 tool box is ordered (234 bones) but has not arrived yet. I am hoping it will work with this Fold-a-Cover with some minor tweaking. The BakBox2 toolbox looks pretty awesome, it can fold up (when emptied out) towards the front of the bed and allow even more bed access if needed I still cannot believe Fold-a-Covers price ($589.00) for a plastic toolbox and it does not fold up out of the way LOL. I am not one to pinch pennies (obviously) but NOBODY likes to get taken advantage of on price no matter how much disposable income that you have................ Its the principal of the thang man.

post-127028-0-21755500-1496450807_thumb.jpg

post-127028-0-79197500-1496450819_thumb.jpg

post-127028-0-16629600-1496450841_thumb.jpg

post-127028-0-44487700-1496450851_thumb.jpg

• Like 1