2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Undercover Elite LX , painted to match . It has a great sealing arrangement , is secure , has a light and a retrieval hook (??) ,

Only drawbacks are it takes two people to remove / install , and it takes 3+ weeks to get it .

Added the Rhinoliner spray in liner and McGard tailgate lock . The arrangement keeps my tools and camping gear safe and dry . Looks great too .

Edited by Gotsumpnferya

Looking at the undercover ultra flex and the MX4. Could i get some advice from people who've owned the product?

My main concern is security and water tightness.

Stay away from the backflip MX4. Put one on my 2015 Silverado and have had issues with leaks from the start! Took it back and they put a new one on and still leaking.

Looking at the undercover ultra flex and the MX4. Could i get some advice from people who've owned the product?

I had a flex, it leaked like crazy, ditched it for a tonnopro hard fold, I am much happier with the security and water-tightness, I miss having the ability to flip the cover that final time for access to more of the bed but, it's so easy to take the cover off and then you have no rails/gutters left to mess with.

Undercover Elite LX , painted to match . It has a great sealing arrangement , is secure , has a light and a retrieval hook (??) ,

Only drawbacks are it takes two people to remove / install , and it takes 3+ weeks to get it .

Added the Rhinoliner spray in liner and McGard tailgate lock . The arrangement keeps my tools and camping gear safe and dry . Looks great too .

I know a guy who has a rope and pulley system in his garage so that he can hoist the cover off by himself.

• Like 1

Sorry it's been a few days since you asked this, but I wanted to wait and answer until I had owned it a few weeks longer.

I got a ultra flex about a month and can't say a negative thing about it......it hasn't let in any water and it's as secure as a folding cover can be.

Even when I washed it and flooded it with water, no leaks......trust me I checked....we use it for trips a lot.

I liked the matte finish on it more than the MX4, that's the reason I picked it over the BAK brand.

I know a guy who has a rope and pulley system in his garage so that he can hoist the cover off by himself.

That sounds like sumpn I would do . I'll have to wait until we buy the house as this condo we have now isn't secure and the stuffy HOA would frown at me again . They already gave me s*** about working on other vehicles , and it was in the carport where nobody could see me .

Condo Commandos ..

​

Do anyone know if a tonneau cover from a 2014 f150 6.5' box will fit a 2015 sierra 6.5' box

I doubt it but it might. the beds are different widths front-to-back, meaning they are not always perfectly square. Worth measuring though. Also might be close enough that it would work and just be a tiny bit off. I used a non-matching camper shell for a while because it gave a place for my dogs to go after going to the lake. I was okay looking at the mis-matched shell because I knew it was saving my interior :)

Any swaying factors with the BAK BAKFlip MX4 versus the UnderCover Ultra Flex? They seem very similar. I wish the Ultra Flex had a metal bottom instead of carpet which I suspect will gather twigs, dirt, etc.

The finish on the top is the main difference to me MX4 rough bumpy and grayish finish.....Ultra Flex smooth and matte black finish.

The carpet under it is the exact same as the bedrug carpet, I've never had any problems with it collecting anything.

• Like 1

Any swaying factors with the BAK BAKFlip MX4 versus the UnderCover Ultra Flex? They seem very similar. I wish the Ultra Flex had a metal bottom instead of carpet which I suspect will gather twigs, dirt, etc.

Personally I like the carpet. Keeps the cover cool (to the touch...not the inside) in the summer. Its quiet(er) when folding

Edited by jester95